Another newbie here

skynet

Hunter
Hi folks!

I'm into props for a whole while now but never played with the idea of building a Boba Fett (lifesize statue, no trooping)...

since now :D

I purchased a set of ROTJ armor from Kody (Kwally89 on the RPF), which is a part of the whole prop that I enjoyed very much. I don't have any informations about it's accuracy, but I'm so pleased to have this set or armor. It's fiberglass, sturdy and the paintjob is well done (I've dealt with much **** regarding props in the past, and this was a very delightful exception!).

bobaarmor.gif

So thanks for that Kody!!!

Hm...so for my person, I'm 28 years old (almost...heck I'm growing old), I fell in love with star wars when I was a 6 year old kid and my father showed me this "lovely made science fiction movie" he was so fascinated off when he saw it in the cinema. I live in austria and therefore, a prop community here is as good as none existant. I lurked around on the RPF from it's very beginning and only registered some time ago because to this point I didn't have the feeling to show something because my collection was kinda thin.

This changed and hopefully will change further :)

I'm amazed when I see people building fett helmets just out of cardboard! The first thought was that building a helmet out of cardboard will cost much time but will end in an el-cheapo result. The total opposite was the case! I was stunned!

Since I want to start my ROTJ Boba lifesize project, I'm in the middle of soaking the informations up like a sponge but I need some help regarding some pieces...so to say some guidance to vendors when it comes to props.

I'm not the one who buys recasted or cheap looking stuff from ebay. And that was one of the reasons I've registered here.

I think for a first introduction, that was too much :p but please forgive my bad english, I'm a german native speaker so some things I write may look odd.

cheers!!

Glad that you are enjoying the armor! During our conversations on the RPF, I was wondering if you were originally from the US or UK because your English is very good.

Welcome to the dented helmet! I'm sure your Fett build will be very respectable!

Kody

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back