Experience with step wise motor on Boba Fett helmet

Hi does anyone have any experience with incorporating a step wise motor with the antenna on the boba fett helmet making the antenna raise and lower? I saw this posted by someone on you tube but without an explanation as to how they did it.

Also does anyone have any tips (where to buy and how to install) with how to incorporate led lights on the boba helmet, specifically on the front 2 spaces above the visor and on the back slits of the helmet?

Thanks for reading

Hi does anyone have any experience with incorporating a step wise motor with the antenna on the boba fett helmet making the antenna raise and lower? I saw this posted by someone on you tube but without an explanation as to how they did it.

Here's a link on how to do it yourself ==> RS Zip Zap Mini RC RF Servo Tutorial or another great thread here ==> HELP! hyperdyne labs rangefinder servo controller.

Also does anyone have any tips (where to buy and how to install) with how to incorporate led lights on the boba helmet, specifically on the front 2 spaces above the visor and on the back slits of the helmet?

Thanks for reading

The locations you mention did not have lights. The front arrows has no real purpose, these are just cosmetic additions to the helmet. The rear keyhole is another cosmetic addition and the two knobs are in fact dental files (drills) and had no real purpose or functionality. By adding those lights you might look like a Christmas tree in the desert, but that's your choice. The only working lights on the Boba Fett suit were on the rangefinder, the left chest plate, the right gauntlet and the jetpack.

After some research and buying kits before I knew how they worked, I would recommend a hyperdyne labs kit. Many other kits don't use the correct pulse width modulation to control the helmet servo, they just turn it on and off, which is not a good way to do it because it basically shorts the motor which kills the battery in a short amount of time. The pulse width actually send controlled signals to the servo which tell it exactly how far and which direction to rotate.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back