ESB Flamethrower Reference Pics Requested

E2K13

Well-Known Hunter
Ok, just as the title suggests, I am looking for reference pictures of the ESB flamethrower.
I know there is a few people out there that have countless pics and photos lying around to help. *Cough* Tylerdurden *Cough*
Please post them in this thread.
Thank You.

Courtesy of our beloved Ref CD:

leftgreeblies5pk.jpg

ft14sn.jpg

ft27ta.jpg

ft37ek.jpg

ft52of.jpg
ft49jg.jpg

ft70ck.jpg

ft83fv.jpg

I'm not so sure it's copper pipe. Look at the front most peice....it looks a different diameter...it always seemed orangish to me. Looks like it was painted that color. Even new copper isn't that orange and the more it's handled the darker it gets....

The whole ESB flamethrower looks like a machined peice to me with some of the more intricate places and brackets etc.

I'll have to sort through my pics, but I think it will just boil down to slightly better copies of photos, because there just aren't that many flamethrower pics.

Here is a bigger pic of the first photo posted:

flame_t.jpg

One of our very talented members made a small run of them a few years ago, aluminum even. I don't know if he still does or not, but there were the closest to the real deal that I've ever seen. Another member had some resin copies as well, but I haven't seen him around these parts in a long time, and I think he only sold them with his gauntlet kits.

BobaFettish said:
One of our very talented members made a small run of them a few years ago, aluminum even. I don't know if he still does or not, but there were the closest to the real deal that I've ever seen. Another member had some resin copies as well, but I haven't seen him around these parts in a long time, and I think he only sold them with his gauntlet kits.

I was lucky enough to snag one of the aluminum ones a few years back...I think there were only ever 10 machined and they went for $225 at the time. The resin ones I believe were only sold with the ESB gauntlet kits....have one of those too which was one of the best castings I've ever seen...as crisp as the aluminum one.

There was a ton of research that went into the original design by a couple of very talented members whom I'll let chime in. :)

Steve

I was lucky enough to snag this off of eBay a couple weeks back (which is from the aforementioned run of ten or so):

bbflame1.jpg

Don't know if it'll help.

Cheers!
TJ

I used the resin one that came with my gauntlets as a template to make my metal one. I spent about 2 days making it from scratch from maybe $20 worth of material. If it wasn't packed up right now, I'd take a a good picture of it. When I get back from "Bamacon" on Sunday, I'll take a good one and explain how I made it. It isn't as detail as this one, but I like it :D I always like to use metal when I can.

Looks great! I was unable to resolve the 1 1/2" dimension between the two blocks with the photo. I ended up having to use 1 5/8" to get it to fit the pic.

Alan

Hello

I have finished up the flamethrower drawings with full dimensions. I have made some minor adjustment to round out the dimensions to make it simpler to construct. Here are a couple of samples while the entire set can be downloaded in a zip file at the link below.

Please let me know what you think. If anyone decides to build one please let me know I would like to see the results.

Alan

Flame%20Thrower%20Sht%201.gif

Flame%20Thrower%20Sht%202.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The green lines represent "hidden" lines. These are lines that are present either through the part or behind the present elevation. Showing it this way saves time in creating another seperate drawing of a "section" or a "cut" through the part.

I know I promised this awhile ago, but here are some pics of my scratch made flamethrower. The dimensions I based it off of was the resin version that came with my Ruffkin gauntlets.

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0184a.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back