*RUN* Accurate Chest Decal (MoM Exhibition)

bobamaker

Active Hunter
Hi

I'm currently making a set of chest, collar and back armour for a customer who really wants the chest decal to be "just like" the MoM Exhibition photos.

I sifted through all my archive shots from the MoM Exhibit to find a suitable photo to use as a start point. I found a shot that showed lots of the detail but was taken at an angle. So, after a couple of hours straightening, re-sizing the image, colour correcting and creating the cutting template I was finally happy with the result. Here's a comparison of the decal against a photo from the MoM Exhibition. It's printed onto a permanent self adhesive vinyl.

UK = £8 inc. shipping (for 2 decals)
USA = $14 inc. shipping (for 2 decals)
EUROPE = £8.50 inc. shipping (for 2 decals)

• [*]RUN LIST
  1. Slave I = PAID *SHIPPED*
  2. tc-2917 = PAID *SHIPPED*
  3. Corrose = PAID *SHIPPED*
  4. Mmgraphics = (1 @ 1/2 size) PAID *SHIPPED*
  5. dsonik1 = (1 @ 1/2 size) PAID
  6. Fett4reaL =
  7. Roninson =
  8. FettOfficer = PAID *SHIPPED*
  9. PEEL1965 = PAID *SHIPPED*
  10. eagc =
  11. FettInABox = PAID *SHIPPED*
  12. Loanstar =
  13. GUINZO1975 = PAID *SHIPPED*
  14. jedi.paramedic = (1 @ 3/4 size)

BM-MoM-Decal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I could, but he point of this exercise was to capture the weathering on the decal really. Once I remove the weathering, the decal loses it's link to the MoM photo.

DAZ

Very nice DAZ
How about one without weathering?

Nice work Daz.. I agree that by removing the weathering it loses it purpose. (y)

I could, but he point of this exercise was to capture the weathering on the decal really. Once I remove the weathering, the decal loses it's link to the MoM photo.

DAZ

Nice work Daz.. I agree that by removing the weathering it loses it purpose. (y)

I see.
I thought you were trying to make an accurate decal, not capture the subtleties of the weathering of said decal.
Carry on.

Can you make me one about 3/4 of the original size for my sons armor? I'd also be interested in a full size one as well. How much USD for both?

BTW- How the **** did you do that? lol

I guess the list of interested brothers is growing to more than the desired number! :)

Good to see!

Let´s go DAZ!

;-)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back