How do you prevent a droopy ammo belt?

fil5117

Jr Hunter
Usually I cradle my EE3 in my arms so I don't have too many pics of my ammo belt.

I was looking through the pics from our New Years day troop and I noticed my ammo belt was drooping a bit. I was wondering what others do to prevent ammo belt droop. It doesn't matter how much I tighten the belt, and how good it looks when I kit up, it's always sagging by the end of the troop.

6627564033_6cac856c88_m.jpg

Apologies for the small pic. Essentially the belt hangs like this ) instead of straight |

no matter how tight your belt is at the start of the troop, by the end you're going to sweat off a couple pounds; and that's why your belt gets loose, also stretching leather from movement. so other than putting some velcro on the front of your flightsuit just be aware of it and when there's not too many people looking pull it up a bit.

Another thing to think about might be the weight of the pouches. For my first belt the blocks of wood I wrapped the leather around were made of hardwood. They whole belt was heavy... my current belt pouches are made of a very light wood. Most likely balsa wood.

Cheers guys, glad it's not just me.

My belt has blocks and an ESB sidearm (it didn't in this pic - 'cause the strap broke at the start of the troop :( ) so it weighs quite a bit. I'm planning on investing in a Booboo Fett belt once I've lost some more weight.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back