Well-Known Hunter
Well after some head scratching and searching the reference
material here are the draft blueprints for the left gauntlet and
rocket. Once I am satisfied with the draft I’ll start working on
the templates.

As always take a look and let me know what you all think

Alan

UPDATED JULY 3rd 2007!!!

Here they are, ready for downloading. If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

I really want to give a very big THANK YOU! to MOJO-Fett for all of his help and encouragement with out it would have taken another 6 months before I managed to get motivated enough to finish them. He has done a great job of organizing and prototyping these templates, making them much easier to use and understand.

One thing to note: These templates DO NOT take into account material thickness. With that said if you use a thin material such as the 1mm FOAMEX as in the prototypes you really don’t need to worry about it. But if you start using anything over 1/16” make sure that you account for the extra material during your build.

These are set up to printout on standard 8.5” X 11” paper. Just set Acrobat to print the limits of the printer and they will print out full size and you are ready to go.

Right Gauntlet
http://www.propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/Wizardofflight/BF RTG FlatPat Std A.pdf

Left Gauntlet
http://www.propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/Wizardofflight/BF LTG FlatPat Std A.pdf

These are for the folks over across the pond. They are in the A4 paper size format. So you don’t have to worry about templates print out all messed up. Just set Acrobat to print to the limits of the printer and they will print out full size and you are ready to go.

Right Gauntlet
http://www.propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/Wizardofflight/BF RTG FlatPat A4 A.pdf

Left Gauntlet
http://www.propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/Wizardofflight/BF LTG FlatPat A4 A.pdf

Alan

LTBFgauntletFP.gif

RTBFgauntletFP.gif

WOFLtGauntlet.gif

Left_Gauntlet_Draft.gif

Right_Gaunlet_Draft.gif

RtGauntlet3D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great(As usual) The armor templates you made worked great(easy to scale based on hieght) i rescaled them for my daugters Boba costume and it is turning out great. I'm anxiously awaiting the templates. Keep up the great work.
Zerovisibilite

Thank you, glad to hear that they worked out so well. Do you have any pictures you can post? I'd love to see the results.

I think these templates are going to be a bit more envolved than I would like them to be, but hopefully I can get it right.

Alan

You are the man! Scratch-built is definately the way to go and your templates are idiot-proof! Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work that you put into these designs. Can't wait to see the finished product. If you need a "beta-tester" let me know!

Thank you all.:eek:

ACSS2

The Jango gauntlet are next on the list, actually they have already been started, but I have nothing worth posting yet just a bunch of construction lines.

"Boba Swede
Anyone up for a CAD challange?
(or has it already been done? )"

Ok, I'll bite, what's the challenge?

Alan

Click Here for picks using Wizards templates scaled for a 6 year old
Dude thanks again for your dedication to this. I am going to continue on with a Jango for her for next year(maybe some conventions also,We'll see)
Hope I didn't break any rules by posting a web page instead of pictures but I couldnt see chewing up 14 screens of hig res pics when some people won't want to see them

Zerovisibilite

Wizardofflight>> Well the challange is to do the gauntlet schematics in 3D in AutoCAD. (or similar) Once that is done they can very easily be scaled to fit anyone.

First I have updated the drawings above base on some feedback and additional details were added also I fixed some of the proportions, which were off just a bit. They are not done yet, but they are getting close

Zerovisibilite

That armor looks great! Can’t wait to see it finished. Please let
me know when you have it complete. Posting links isn’t a
problem at all.

Boba Swede

AutoCAD 14’s 3D capability is not what it could be, nothing like
Lightwave or 3D Max, but below is the wireframe of another
project that I am working on. Actually the hard part with the
gauntlets will be breaking them down into templates and
coming up with assemblies that make sense and can be
accomplished with standard hobby tools. Scaling will be
handled just like the armor templates. The gauntlet “rocket”
will be the toughest challenge to break down.

Thanks for the feedback, if you see anything that looks tweaked just let me know.

Alan

Hello,

It’s been a bit since the last update, spent last week in the sunny south on vitiation, a very nice break from rainy Seattle. But I have not been idle, I have finished the draft drawing for the right gauntlet. The flat patterns have been started as well.

So, take a look at the first post for the new drawing and let me know what you think of it.

Alan

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back