Over dyed my BM Jango Flightsuit - now what?

thrax

Active Hunter
I used too much navy blue and wine colored RIT dye. So it looks like a very blueish-purple flightsuit only it needs to be drastically faded. I have not dried it yet...I ran it through several hot washes with detergent so far.

I have research a RIT Dye Remover but am leary. I can always re-dye it I suppose if it get too light/faded.

Bad thing is that I have a troop coming up on Tuesday! :(

I would try the RIT dye remover, and just go a little at a time. If the remover gets enough out then you ca always re-dye it like you said.

Do you have any pics of how the color turned out?

LOL, I'm too embarrassed to show pics in fear that I will be called 'Barney-Fett' cuz it is almost as purple as Barney - just slightly redder. LOL!

Can't find dye remover locally. I saw it online though.

Do you have a JoAnns fabrics or similar. I have also found it at Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

If it is that off color then I would definitly use the dye remover, and just do it in stages.

Michael's FTW! I found out that they carry it and they are only a couple of miles away. I followed the directions on the box and it is agitating in the washer as we speak. I'll post before and after pics so that you guys can get a chuckle. :p

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back