My kindergartener's Boba Costume

JB Horns

New Hunter
Hello everyone.

Thanks to all the wisdom and advice I've gotten from reading this forum and scouring the galleries, I just finished a Boba Fett costume for Nico, my 5 year old. Obviously, I had sacrifice a few accuracies for practical purposes, but it's loosely based on the ESB version.

My wife made the jumpsuit and the vest. I made the armor out of sintra, based on the WOF templates, and bought the helmet from Toys R Us. The jetpack was the "engine" from an old mechanics playset we had laying around from a few years back (I made the rocket and painted it.), and I bought the shoes at Target and painted them and added black piping. The girth belt was made from some craft cording I found at Hobby Lobby (it was already this color) and the leather pouches I found at the dollar store. I attached a flashlight to the gauntlet instead of the dart and used an old firewire cable as the flamethrower hoses.

Thanks so much to everyone for posting their tutorials, advice, tips and photos. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. It's the least I can do to give back.

John

Hopefully these aren't too large...

NicoFett2.JPGNicoFett.JPGNicoFett5.JPGNicoFett4.JPGNicoFett3.JPG

that's is simply amazing, I'm sure he'll have a blast and be the envy of many other children. Also btw I also have my xbox avatar in fett gear.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, he loves it. He spent most of the trick or treating with the lid off because it was hard for him to see, but we've got lots of pictures. I learned a lot and plan on making one for myself. I'll probably make as much of it myself as I can, but I'll certainly be buying the helmet.

Thanks again for the compliments and to everyone who contributes to the board. I was able to get all the info I needed without starting any threads of my own. Amazing!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back