O hai!

TheNerdista

New Hunter
Hello!

I thought I'd write a quick post to introduce myself.

I <3 Boba Fett! Sorry, that just pops out sometimes.

I'm interested in building two movie accurate bounty hunter costumes: a Fett and a Boushh, and have been spending the past year researching what is involved both from a practical standpoint and a financial standpoint. I think at this point I am ready to dive into one of them.

My skill set lies in painting and sewing and crafty types of building things. Building armor from scratch? Not so much. Three armor sets are already in the trash. Yay for the recent discovery of armor kits!

Here is my one hangup. I'm a female, and a small framed one. I'm not sure these armor kits will be small enough for me. I'm wondering if my lack of scratch building skills combined with me not fitting into the kit items (most likely) will make this less than possible. Not sure; that's what I'd like to find out.

While I love, love, love, love, love Boba Fett. Did I mention I love Boba Fett? I also love the Boushh bounty hunter look, and I've been thinking over the past year that perhaps I should build the Boushh costume first. Fewer armor pieces and more need for sewing skills (I has sewing skillz) may make this a better 1st costume to make. Perhaps I'll learn enough along the way while making the bandolier, greeblies, helmet, etc. to make building a Fett suit more possible.

Is there anyone here who has built a movie accurate Fett for/or who is female? Can this even be done?

Anyone here built a Boushh kit? I'm really thinking this is where I should cut my teeth.

Am I completely out of my mind for wanting to be the world's smallest Fett?

Thanks in advance!
The Nerdista

PS, I'm a little nervous revealing I'm female on the net but from what I've read in your forums, you seem respectful so I'm taking the chance. Yay!

PPS, I'll be going to Dragon*Con again this year so maybe I'll get the chance to meet some of you.

Welcome to the TDH family!

There's nothing wrong if you want to be the smalest Boba Fett, and yes there are female Boba's here. You know, WOF has armor templates here for almost all dimensions and I think you will find what you need.

A girl? On the interwebz??? That's crazy talk!!
TDH is a very open and fun community that accepts everyone. I myself am a genetically altered intelligent sea sponge and I think TDH is great! :lol:

As far as the Boba costume goes, I think you'll find that most kits for sale are based on the "movie sized" Fett. That is to say, based on the fact that Boba is around 6 fett tall, etc. etc. There are some armor templates available if you search around. Try a search for "trash can armor" and "armor templates" and see what comes up. You can scale the templates to whatever size fits your frame the best.

Boussh is another good choice for a more petite bounty hunter. Since the costume was designed to fit Carrie Fisher, who's relatively small compared to Boba Fett, it might be a bit easier to put that outfit together.

But there are many options and you should indulge in TDH's many resources as you decide what costume you want to do.
Have fun!

Wow this is great! I'll play around with those templates to see if I can scale them for my size. What a great way of putting those together! Thank you *so much* for pointing me in the right direction. There is so much here that I'm a little lost and appreciate that kind of help. :)

It's also fantastic to know I'm not the only female Boba Fett lover out there and I'm not the 1st to want to build a movie accurate Fett suit.

You make a good point about most kits being "movie sized" Fett. That's what I've discovered over the past year or so of research. Ideally, I'd like to make both the Fett and the Boushh and my only limit is money and time. haha! I'd also like to make a Leia Endor moon pancho set but that is on the back burner. :)

"genetically altered intelligent sea sponge" - Bob, of the Square Pants Faction?

"A girl? On the interwebz??? That's crazy talk!!" - A girl! That's amazing! Where is she!? I'd like to meet another one. Really. One of my girlfriends just moved and sent me a picture with the caption "Awww a little robot once died over my desk." Attached was a picture of a Boba Fett minifig hanging from a string. Yeah, the only thing that died was a little piece of me inside at her calling him "a little robot." I would love to meet another female who even knows who Boba *is* much less wants to dress like him.

Oh, I have been down the "trash can armor" road before. Can you say "Rubbermaid Fett?" I'm sure yours looked better than mine. I also once made a set of armor out of a silver colored metal car shade. I used tape and rubber cement on the parts I wanted to stay silver and then painted the rest. Pulling off the tape and cement left behind the battle damage. It looked awesome. (this is mild sarcasm.) It looked so awesome I threw it away the next day. Those two tries were great for Halloween and all but now I want to step up my game. I am a geek and not satisfied with anything less than movie accurate. :D

You guys have a bunch of resources here which is great! I'll have to go through them to see what I can find. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

-ista
The Nerdista

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back