RKD ESB Armor for TD8266

Misfit2

Well-Known Hunter
Finished this full set of RKD armor for an awesome 501st member Anthony "TD 8266". I was commissioned for the full deal again. Trimming, sanding and all prep plus paint and assembly. I want to give some props to RKD. I noticed a very small issue with the pull on the center diamond. Will immediately shipped a new center diamond without hesitation. Not only is Wills armor great but his customer service is phenomenal. Which is really important since as of lately I feel that is lacking in this hobby and even here at TDH. Anyway here it is.

null_zps4f250a6d.gif

72e4aef692e599a8b41b83f399ce0cb6.gif

null_zps05e724b6.gif

null_zps26597681.gif

null_zps3b2ee3d3.gif

null_zpsa112802f.gif

null_zpse498d67b.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful work. Is this topical damage? Shoulder looks perfect!

Side note; isn't the collar plate different on the ESB version, armor wise? Looks like the bottom on all the armor I see has the ROTJ cut at the bottom of the collar, and ESB is almost straight across .

Thanks for the kind words gents! This is a combo of layered and topical which I believe is how they did the original armor. This is RKD armor. I'm not an extra on the shapes of the armor between the two. Good question:)

Side note; isn't the collar plate different on the ESB version, armor wise? Looks like the bottom on all the armor I see has the ROTJ cut at the bottom of the collar, and ESB is almost straight across .

If you are talking about the slight angle on the bottom of the collar plate, the answer is no. All the armor are/were made from the same molds, so the small shape differences are because of the dents (which distorts a bit the shape, especially the ones from the edges) and the way they are subject to tension by the back plate/jetpack or other sources. Here is an example of the hero suits and I don't see any major difference between the armors:
ESB vs ROTJ Collar.jpg

Wow! Thanks for clearing that up Rafal! Wondered about it for some time as even at the top right of the page on TDH the ESB collar plate looks so flat on the bottom edge.

I'm not an esb expert, but that armor looks great! I really like the shoulders.. Did you paint the decals? Not sure if you said that somewhere or not..

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back