jet pack harness question

mrbungle

Active Hunter
on the TDH reference CD. it shows 2 sets of hooks for the jet pack. the top ones and ones at the bottom. is the divers belt buckle attached to the jet pack harness? with 2 straps at the top and a belt at the small of the back for the bottom jet pack hooks??

can you make a diagramwith paint or something to show what you mean, exactly?

as fas as I know, the jet pack of the real deal is simply hung up to the scuba gear, wich is like a back pack, with an extra strap around the waist.

I never really had to corner this problem though, as there was a strap attached to my jet pack allready.

See if this image helps... this is the arrows are pointing to the location where the waist strap (with the divers buckle) attaches to the bottom of the rocket pack harness.
rocket-pack-harness.jpg

Last edited:
Few, if any, of us will use a harness system like the original, with a backplate and the bracket at the bottom. My understanding is that the original pack was heavy enough that the support bar at the bottom was necessary to hold up most of the weight.

Our fiberglass backed resin packs are much lighter. So, we don't really need as elaborate a set up. I use one of Fettdad's harnesses with the straps from the shoulders hooked into my jet pack hooks.

Then, my divers belt and buckle are attached directly to the bottom of the jet pack with a #8 bolt and nut. The jet pack goes on the hooks and then I fasten the belt around my waist to hold it securely against the backplate. No need for the bottom hooks, and I find that it only pulls slightly on my back and collar armor.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back