esb Right ear color questions

soilman

Active Hunter
on the right ear, I have no color on the rouge studios on what color to paint it.

i noticed a color called earth on a couple of lists, that was not on some of the other lists.

also, what color should I paint the rangefinder?

and I noticed for the kill stripes color it has up armor yellow and milw orange. are these colors mixed together?

Thanks for any help on this.

(y)

hey thanks for info. do i need to tone it down, if my resin ear pieces are base coated silver? and if not can you mix enamel with acrylic?

(y) thanks.

I think you'll be fine with a basecoat of aluminum.........I had good success going that route. Besides there is alot of final weathering of a light gray,rust,black wash needed to be done to the whole helmet upon completion that the Panzer Yellow will tone down even more.

I was also wondering the same about acrylics being mixed with enamels,but that's what the RS tips said ;)

soilman said:
and I noticed for the kill stripes color it has up armor yellow and milw orange. are these colors mixed together?

Thanks for any help on this.

(y)

The stripes start solid yellow in the front and transition over to solid orange at the end.
When I did mine I painted al the stripes yellow, then when dry, I hit the rear part of the stripes with the orange and faded them over in the middle.
Lynn

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back