New Beskar'gam

KILO 11

New Hunter
Greetings all, I'm new here to the Dented Helmet but I'm a long time fan. I recently began working on my own custom Mando and I wanted to post a few pics, get some ideas, and maybe give someone else a few. I, like so many other people who have read the splendid writings of Ms. Karen Traviss, have been inspired to create my own set of Mandalorian armor. Ms. Traviss has done so much to create a culture in the SW universe that completely separates itself from the "good guy, "bad guy" archetype. I was given the pleasure of meeting her at a book signing last spring and she is a very down to earth person who really cares what her fans have to say. She shared a pint of Guinness with the members of our Garrison the Bloodfin, which as some of you know was recently mentioned in her new book Revelation. Back to the point at hand though, my good friend and fellow Mando'ad came across a 55 gallon drum at work which he was able to take home and we decided that was as good a place to start as any. My armor had to be custom because I'm nearly 6'4" and weigh 230 pounds, the generic size armor just looked too small and wouldn't completely cover me. So, after we used his armor as a template and enlarged it slightly we traced out all the parts onto the drum and used a jigsaw to cut out the pieces. Most of them came out with the proper shape, but a few had to be heated up with a blow torch to be shaped properly. So, here are some pics, please tell me what you think. Maybe a few ideas about color schemes, or weapons, because I'm basically starting this with a very rough idea in mind and not much else.

My Camera Pictures 080.jpg

My Camera Pictures 081.jpg

My Camera Pictures 082.jpg

My Camera Pictures 083.jpg

nice armor so far,
for colours there are the basic colours; green for duty, black for justice, sandy-gold for vengeance or you could go for camoflage patterns.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back