BOBA Fett ROTJ Gauntlets

archtk

Hunter
Hi guys, I am happy to say I have added a new grain of sand to my journey. I Have Sidewinders Boba ROTJ BLaster, built and painted by me 90% finished. I also have a DP 96 Boba helmet ( I still have to start working on the bucket). And now this weekend I started work on the gauntlets I used Wizardofflight Templates. (thanks man Awsome) And here are the pics.
SSA40011.jpg
SSA40013.jpg
SSA40015.jpg
SSA40019.jpg
SSA40017.jpg
I made them of PVC plastic I think its ABS not entirely sure. now I need to add some car filler and sandpaper and get this puppy ready for priming. Not too sure yet how I'm gonna make the rocket ? any ideas?? Thanks Cheers Pablo.

I've been thinking about how to make the gauntlet rocket all week, the tip seems to hard and might be cheaper to buy a resin plastic resin kit.

Does anyone have a cheap or old rocket they could sell me I'm looking for a plastic resin one I could spend about 20 bucks for it any help really apreciate it. (it would have to be for wizardof flight template scale).

also I seen doopydoos site has cheap calculator buttons and dental expander bits for the left gaunt. (has anyone bought one) how are they will they fight wizardofflight scale gauntlets I have made?.

cheers..

Pablo

My gaunts are wof scale templates and I have castings of the keypad and dental expander and they fit great. You should have no trouble putting them on there. Can't help you with the rocket though.
Very very nice work by the way. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this project :)

There's several parts of the WOF left gauntlet that puzzled me when I built mine last year (for sale signs, paperboard and bondo). At the time I wasn't worried about screen accuracy because I thought I'd do a bad job anyway, and was more worried about just getting them done with the intent to redo later after I'd had more practice. Well now, I've got some sintra and I'm printing out the templates again, and I'm seeing the same parts that confused me before. Assembling the right gauntlet seemed really obvious once I had it all cut out, but there's so much hidden in the wireframe pic of the left one.

Anyone got pics of the outside of their left gauntlet before they attached the flamethrower? I think I got it right, attaching the triangles to the back of the top half, so they brace the back end of the flamethrower, but I wanna be sure when I build this new set.

About the extra curves, on the page with the lower half... I believe those are to add thickness to the lower clamshell. So they wouldn't be needed if you're using thicker material like sintra, right? I'm thinking I won't really need "inner" and "outer" pieces, just make the outer one, and block the vent rectangles with for-sale-sign or something on the inside.

Also, the two long, thin strips on the pages with the flamethrower... what are those?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back