Long road to 'financial' ruin... possibly

MarkG

Hunter
Hi all.

Finally took the plunge into the realms of Boba Fett yesterday with the purchase of some gauntlets. Thought I'd start there as they look the easiest to put together & paint...I hope.

This is gonna be a long project, purely as the missus isn't keen on the idea as she knows how much it can cost to get a decent Fett together.... especially as I'm going ESB.

Been spending weeks & months trawling around for info on what I need, where to get, and how to make it look good... however, I cannot for the life of me find any info on UK paint colours.

There are plenty of threads on US based colours, but if any of the UK members can chime in here, any help would be most appreciated.

Looking for rattle-can colours, as I have no access to, and cannot use an airbrush.

Cheers all.

Mark

Mark I would strongly advise you get an airbrush, even a cheap one powered by a aerosol can get great results and you have a massive choice of colours and custom mix. Drop me an email address if you want more help and advice bro.

Welcome to Tdh, and one word of advice where all new Fett builders go wrong at the start. Buy quality parts and take your time, you will only regret bad purchases and more than likely upgrade them, costing more in the long run.

Did you get your gaunts from the uk eBay seller? Out of the box you will have issues, but they can be made into a nice set with a little work, again if you want help drop me a line.

Rob

AFAIK mate - theres quite a bit on Humbrol and Tamiya paint choices for use in an airbrush. Seen Stormtrooper guy experiment with rattle can colours to get the paint right. But with lack of choice and availability - think it would be easier (and prob more cost effective) to learn airbrushing esp.ly if u are goign for uber accurate. I was just calculating the paint costs for humbrols on a single helmet - and it was already £30+ for the number of paints to get!!

the guys to chat to will be Terminal Fettler, Mojo Fett and Headless Hunter. All are UK based and AWESOME painters. Think Bobby Fett Uk does some painting too. These are the ones that spring to mind for me any ways.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back