Going to try to make some of it work

snoopytrooper

Jr Hunter
Ok after thinking some and asking my friend Mike im going to try to make some of the poop :) Evo props work . Gabe is NEVER going to give me my money back and I cant put then up on ebay I don't want someone to get the same poop :) parts I have I could not do that to anyone :cry. I have fiberglass , resin and the right color's on the way . I'm going to fiberglass the inside of the parts I do have first so I don't crack them . I will put up some picks as I go along to see what you all think . I have done some surfing around here and I could be missing it but were do I get some good reff. picks @ . I'm going to do the toothpaste thing with them that looks like kinda a easy way to weather them . Wish me luck with

Good luck with is project snoopy. The only parts I felt were in any way salvageable were the soft parts and metal greeblies. I sold my soft parts on as suitable for a budget fett and threw in the armour for free essentially. I'll be interested to see what you end up with. I'd say do enough to turn it into a wearable halloween costume and not worry about trashing it at a party.

I have played with some of the parts today . One thing I have found out is that the paint that was used comes off real easy . It did make the sanding go fast :) . I'm going to start with the fiberglass on Thursday . I will put up some picks this weekend

Easiest way to glass is just use the bondo stuff, Works like a charm, and if you do it in moderation (ie, strips, not big circles like some fool named rdhawk), reinforcing should be a breeze. Even the helmet you said was held together by masking tape should be able to be repaired with some fg strips along the inside to reinforce, bondo outside to fill in the seam, then glass the whole inside of the bucket for strength.

If I could find the tutorial someone did about doing the bondo resin fiberglass kits, I'd have shut up already and posted the link. But I don't know where it is. However, what I've said is the gist of it, the rest were good pictures to illustrate the process.

Oh, and don't forget your respirator. Bad fumes.

Bondo would work good but it will make it a bit on the heavy side that is why I wanted to see what fiberglass will do . I did a test on one of the parts that I am going to replace just to see how the wanta be ABS ( what ever he used to make the parts with ) just to make sure the FG did not melt it and it worked pretty good .

Easiest way to glass is just use the bondo stuff, Works like a charm, and if you do it in moderation (ie, strips, not big circles like some fool named rdhawk), reinforcing should be a breeze. Even the helmet you said was held together by masking tape should be able to be repaired with some fg strips along the inside to reinforce, bondo outside to fill in the seam, then glass the whole inside of the bucket for strength.

If I could find the tutorial someone did about doing the bondo resin fiberglass kits, I'd have shut up already and posted the link. But I don't know where it is. However, what I've said is the gist of it, the rest were good pictures to illustrate the process.

Oh, and don't forget your respirator. Bad fumes.

Go to walmart in the automotive department that' where I got mine it was like $12. Worked like a charm when doing my scratch build helmets.

OK I said picks so hrer we go campers . Their strong now :)

DSCF2444.gif

DSCF2443.gif

DSCF2442.gif

DSCF2441.gif

DSCF2440.gif

DSCF2439.gif

DSCF2438.gif

DSCF2437.gif

DSCF2436.gif

DSCF2435.gif

DSCF2434.gif

Yessir, I never got my Gaunts Either! You're lucky you got those. I'm in the same boat- I posted a thread of my "EVO-SALVAGE". There should be an "Evolution props Salvage" Section on this site. Hah! I don't want to steal your thread and post my Evo-Salvage, maybe it'll give you hope to check out mine. You're doin great though so far! Keep up the good work!

Some more pick for you all

DSCF2450.gif

DSCF2452.gif

I still don't think the color is right but you all tell me . All input is welcome .

Last edited by a moderator:
ya, brother...that color is waaaay wrong...is that how it was originally painted? also, the 3 dents on the ab plate, should be 3 little holes...you may want to fill those dents, then drill 3 holes according to reference pics...(y)

i am so sorry you are having to put so much work into something that was "supposed" to be completed...(n) give me a shout if you need paint colors for that armor...i can send you the rattlecan colors i have used before...:)

also, the shape of that armor is wrong...wow...here is what i would do for that...print out Wizardofflight's armor templates for the armor...try to get it as close to the size that you have now...cut out the template, lay it down on the armor pieces that you have, trace, and then cut to give it more of the correct shape...(y)

I'm having a hard time finding the colors for it i know it was not the right color . I did just print out the template and their 1/4 " on the big size .If I trim off to much it will not look right on me . I'm a little on the big size . Putting the FG on the 3 parts was not that hard . should the color be spruce green ?

PS : I don't plan on trooping in this out side of my town and no one around here will ever know the color is wrong but me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I was not going to work on any fett stuff today but that did not work out . I sanded down the 4 chest parts and the back plate and have them primed . The parts that I never got should be on the way and their fresh w/o any pain on them so im just going to repaint everything that right way now . I will put up some pick tomorrow after I put a nice coat of metallic on them .

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back