My Friday the 13th PT 7 "The New Blood" Jason Voorhees costume

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
So my Jason costume is about 98% done now at this point. So i decided to take it to New York Comic-con and give it a test run. I was there with the 501st legion, doing our Star Wars thing, but i busted out my Jason on Sunday for about an hour. It was pretty well received. With a couple of more tweaks i think this will be a masterpiece of horror, as wickedbeard put it lol. I have to thank Jeff "wickedbeard" for helping point me in the right directions for building this suit. Big props to Jeff and all he does! Anyway, Enjoy!
Cosplay-New-York-Comic-Con-28JasonVoorhees.jpg

485698_4649640837598_1932422234_n.jpg

29807_4649648037778_2113290257_n-Copy.jpg

100_3814.jpg

100_3813.jpg

My Friday the 13th PT 7 "The New Blood" Jason Voorhees costume

As a HUGE Jason fan that os impressive Lou! Great job putting it together, part 7 is the toughest to do right, and have look right, you nailed it man! I just finished painting up a part 3 under mask and hockey mask for a friend, Jason's big again this year, nice to see!

Thanks Guys :)

Yea aside from Star Wars, Horror is my thing, and Jason has always been my fave. Im gonna need a little more work on the undersuit with this.

Im also currently almost done with a Part 4, also with full face undermask. Then im going to do a part 6 and a Part 8. I'll probably do a Part 5 as well since its super easy lol.

That's pretty impressive! I'm not a big fan of horror--it was always too effective on me as a kid and I don't like that feeling! LOL! But, I can appreciate quality. Nicely done!

wow, how did you get the blood on the blade looking so real and congealed and stuff? i am looking at doing a costume from Assassins Creed 3 which has blood stains on the blade. would love to know your suggestions :)

its Lou RKD! LOL!

The blood on the blade is acrylic paints. Honestly i did it about 4yrs ago for my first Jason costume which was god awful lol. the Machette was nice though, so i kept that.

I think it was a mix of quinacridone red, primary red and black, put on in layers. I did the reds first and then added a little black to the mix for the darker areas, and kept adding more as i got to the areas i wanted darker. Im pretty sure thats what i did, but not 100% on it since it was so long ago lol It actually looks better in pics than in person, but it still does look pretty good up close.

I still need to paint more of the undersuit so you dontr see any black coming through, but mkore the brown/skin color. I also need to shorten the chain and weather the boots! lol

Thanks Matt! Yea Pt7 was always my favorite Jason. You cant see it in these pics, but the back is done as well with the exposed spine n such :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back