Fett Project (Halloween 2011)

thumper4x4

New Hunter
I wanted to share some pics of the Boba Fett costume I made last fall. I tried to go as accurate as possible with the limited amount of time that I had. (2 weeks) I ordered pre cut sintra from a seller on e-bay. I also ordered a actual fighter pilot jump suit and a helmet made by Rubies. (which I had to modify) I used a dremel to removed and open up the visor.
I cut and shaped 1/2in limo tinted plexi-glass and used hot glue and clamps to fit into place. I fixed the female velcro tape to the jump suit and glued the male velcro to the underside of the armor. I painted and applied accurate battle damage (dremel) and then I hand painted the Bantha skull to the shoulder armor. I purchased a wig at a CVS pharmacy and spent the day making wookie braids. I made a custom belt using thick red yarn and a double clasp.
The gun I bought at a local toy store- I used rough grit metallic spray paint to avoid looking like I was carrying a kiddie gun. It looked awesome.
I did not have time to make proper gauntlets, so I found some youth soccer shin guards, sanded them down and sprayed with red primer. I used a shemagh I got in Iraq for the cape.
The boots were my Oakley desert combat boots, light dusting of metallic spray paint. Unfortunatley I did not have the time to make a jet pack. I also did not have a suitable utility belt.
My wife is pictured as American McGees Alice- I could not get her to wear Leias Slave costume due to the weather being pretty chilly that night.
I wore the costume the next day at the mall when I took my son trick-or treating....I had a line of kids following me around.

Hope you enjoy the pics- feel free to shoot me any questions or comments

Thumper

002.JPG

027.JPG

022.JPG

028.JPG

024.JPG

033.JPG

035.JPG

036.JPG

038.JPG

037.JPG

helmet.jpg

d1.jpg

042.JPG

039.JPG

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back