Mojo spikes for MOW boots...any advice?

ObxFett

Active Hunter
Has anyone else received their Mojo spikes and held them up to their MOW boots... its an oh cr-p moment. these are at least 1/2 an inch too wide.They are beautiful- no doubt- but when the sides are squeezed together to fit the spikes are angling at 10 and 2 o’clock. They may work great for taking out snipers but they would look much better straight forward. The only fix I can think of is to put a new bend, move one spike and cut off the excess on the end.
But I’m also on cold meds and not thinking right… am I missing an easier fix?
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Having the same issue right now lol. I'm just bending them slightly by hand and they look alright but having thoughts of modifying the aluminium plate being its a little too big and wide. When a more accurate shoe comes out with wider toes it will probably work better now they have the spikes to use an as example to work with.

2013-01-18_15-04-05_420.jpg 2013-01-18_15-04-44_169.jpg

Cause you got the v2 variant spikes...theyre not made for the MOW boot...

Helpful....... Since MoW boots/CAboots are the top Fett boots we have at the minute. I'm confused why they wouldn't be made to fit those.:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Re: V2.0 Toe Spike Variant - Interest

Could I get added to this list...just recieved my MOW boots.
Thanks

That's what I wrote on the sales thread (73#) and on the PM I sent with my payment....would have been nice to know at that point.
Again I am not complaining... just wondering if anyone has advice on a fix...
Thanks
Josh

Ummm, how do they fit the old Mark Cheng boots? I just bought a set of V 2.0 spikes off of ebay from Mojo. Here's hoping they fit nice...

I am going to try and bend mine a little to fit, if this does not work or I do not like the look of it I will make a new bracket to hold them made to the size of my boots. I did not expect them to fit perfectly anyway so no big problem. (nothing made as a one size fits all ever does)

Craig

I dont have boots yet, but cant you cut a half inch gap in the front of the spikes and epoxy it back together when you attach them to the shoe?

How are the spikes attached? Rather than cutting anything, would it be possible to remove the spikes and grind the base of them to a more appropriate angle, after you bend the bracket to fit the boot, so they don't splay outward?

The metal band looks to wide, basically you need a new bracket

I agree. I would mock up a new band with the bent angles closer to center with cardboard, attach the spikes to it and play until you get it just right. If it works get some aluminum flat stock and go to town.

They are pretty easy to fix .... i have small feet so these are massive. All i did was use the correct Star head (TORX) driver (M8) to remove the small machine screw holding the spike on ON ONE SIDE only ...

Do not try and use an Allen Key as all it does is strip the head. The base of the spike and the threads of the machine screws seem like they are held on with loctite thread-lock or similar making it **** tight and double important to use the correct TORX driver. Once unscrewed it disassembles easily.

Next - flatten out the thin toe bar using a vice .. or in my case flat pliers, and then hold the good remaining spike with bend against your shoe. This gives you the new location to mark the new bend location.

Re-bend the bar (again vice or pliers).... then its simply a case of re-marking the new spike location and drilling one hole all the way through .. from memory think its 4mm. Then use a larger drill to slightly countersink the first hole to allow the machinescrew head to bed in ...

Lastly .. you can then mark up where you want the screwholes to move to ... use your dremmil or saw to even off the longer bar you now have on the newly bent side. Lastly drill the new screw attaching hole you marked up.

its actually pretty darned simple fix ... other than buggering up my first attempt by using the dreaded allen key it took me about 30 minutes to alter mine ... less if you have access to a proper workshop i'd guess.

Don't if the attachment was a pic, but should be able to do the same, got two sets on the way, one spare set for the next Boba

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back