Joker Hexagon Fabric Print Interest

Kwally89

Hunter
I've found a company that specializes in large scale digital fabric printing. They made a custom all over print jacket for a theater production at my university so i know their stuff is top of the line. I'm scheduled to speak with a sales rep soon so I would like to give him some numbers. To have this work, I need real interest and commitment. A huge company is not going to waste their time to print me 1 square yard of fabric. If everyone pulls together, we can get a good deal. I'm also planning on sewing up shirts to sell on eBay or to anyone who doesn't feel comfortable sewing....I know this will be considerably cheaper than the $700 shirts or pants going on eBay...with that being said, they wont be $35 either!!!

Thanks,
Kody

Interest:
1.FettFan54
2.Predatormv
3.Jose
4.Kibosh RPF 4yds
5.T_bone9600 4yds O
6.FullMetalSam
7.FoxBatKllr
8.LadySewforus X
9.GhostSoldier
10.galmando
11.Mandalore697
12.Seven 3yds O
13.Darth Maul RPF
14.Tsuyosa RPF
15.The Batman RPF
16.MandoMan
17.bobbygrace
18.The Clayster
19.jodo O
20.Flonkerton O
21.UFO RPF
22.baileys bandit RPF
23.Max Jenius RPF
24.scubasteve RPF
25.Patattack RPF 4yds X
26.xmart RPF
27.Hecubus114 RPF 10yds O
28.Dave Ward RPF
29.NavMidn RPF
30.aljf RPF
31.ShatirLavan RPF 6yds O
32.RockBottom RPF 4yds O
33.Darth Veach RPF
34.booshman RPF
35.Chronos RPF
36.nickytea RPF 6yds
37.coofunkcurly RPF
38.Ryusui RPF 6yds O
39.Magnus Darcrider RPF O
40.Starkiller0613 RPF
41.mckenic 6yds O
42.Sinister 5yds O
43.SMR2005pcwiz
44.Cavedwellar RPF
45.Westies 14 RPF
46.Aeon RPF
47.I)r. No
48.WGoble
49.flamingdonkey
50.DrStranglove RPF
51.d osborn RPF
52.Darth Paul 4yds O
53.a13ns
54.dstcld
55.Onefastbird95
56.Gagnon49456 6yds O
57.Halo_1 4yds O
58.smokinjoker
59.Klaatu Ver 6yds
60.nobodygetsme 8yds O
61.ReturningSon RPF
62.Darthravenger RPF
63.GeneralFrosty RPF 6yds O
64.Brodee O
65.sereiana 7yds O
66.ctjoker 4yds O

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds interesting. I have been looking myself for a company to do this. Have you got your pattern yet?

Ya, I got the pattern from FettFan54. It is VERY screen accurate! I don't think he made it himself, but I could be wrong. Someone was obviously gracious enough to give it away. I saw some lady trying to sell the pattern for $45!!! Lemme know if you are interested as I want to start a tally.

Yea I am very interested pending price. I would want enough to make at least two shirts (and I want you to make me two shirts...)

Here are two patterns that someone on the RPF posted, the first one is what it should look like on a blue shirt, and the last one is the true pattern but larger with repeating (as it was really hard to get the first oneto line up). Also the 2nd one has new tiles in it that aren't in the first pattern and is more accurate. One side of the hex should be about an inch long to give you an idea of scale.

jokershirtblue.gif

jokershirt1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, that one looks pretty good. I have another pattern that FettFan54 posted over in the cargo hold. You guys just tell me which one you think looks better.
pattern.png

Pending price, obviously, I would be interested in 3-4 yards to make my own shirt.

What kind of material are you looking at?

I think FettFan's pattern is too uniform, if you look at the real shirt that is a lot of randomness to it. His follows a very basic pattern. He did a great job on it but it's not as accurate as it could be. Also his color is a bit off.

Awesome! The fabric will be 100% cotton if everything goes as planned. I don't have an accurate quote right now, but it will obviously be cheaper in bulk.

Ok so here is the updated pattern once again. The guy on the RPF (jarvis) has been great in updating the pattern to be more accurate. Also he posted a large sized file for me so you could get it printed. So here it is.

jokershirt1.gif

Man. That is getting awfully close.

Is it just me though, or does the shirt look more blue than white? When I look at this pattern, it seems "bright". If the patterns inside the hexes were bigger, it would appear "darker". I think the size of the hexes are good.

Ya, I'm an RPF member, and I noticed you alerted them about this thread! Thanks for that! It would be great to get a ton of people on this as it will be LOADS cheaper to order around 150-200 yds opposed to 50 or so....That is a ton of fabric, but everywhere I look people are begging for this at a reasonable price. Sithcamaro and others have amazing products (I love that guy's stuff), but a $500 (saw one sold for $970!!) shirt is not even in my vocabulary.

Awesome!! Thanks for the bigger pattern!! I was really close to photoshoping it last night, but I decided to work on my 3:10 to Yuma project. Glad I didn't!

Just an fyi, when resizing things (photoshop)

for some reason, the algorythm for raising the DPI of a photo, is much better than the algoryghm for 'scaling'.

So if you take a 500 x 500 image, with dpi of 72 (screen, jpg etc) rais its dpi to 300-500 you will get a much crisper picture than if you do a scale / size on it.

Just an fyi for anyone doing this sort of formatting etc.

I was looking at reference pic after reference pic, and it seems we truly do have a winner. In the jail scene, you can clearly notice all the hexagons that are in our pattern. The colors of the smaller pattern that was posted are nearly spot on with the fabric being light blue and the hexagons darker. I can take color samples from that pattern and apply it to the larger one.

Would also be interested in this fabric !!!
Everything would be depending on price - but then I would be looking at at least 3 yards and maybe more.

I'd be the one making my shirts - if possible :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back