ROTJ Helmets/style

Why oh why is the ROTJ version so rare?? I see a lot of ESB threads here, and S/E versions and even custom Fetts, yet the ROTJ seems to be an ignored genre- any reasons for this chaps and chappeses??? Heres my ROTJ, and I've weathered it a lot more now, but my camera is knackered at the mo!! Come on guys, there must be more ROTJ's out there!!!

rotjlid2.gif

rotjlid.gif

I've dulled the stark colours with a matt black wash, and will put updated pics on when i get my cam sorted, but you get the idea-must be more ROTJ's out there!!

This is my conjecture, but, I think it may be that possibly, the paint style of the ESB is more detailed, and seemed to be an overal better looking helmet the the ROTJ version. Another possible reason is that the ROTJ is hardly ever really seen by comparisson to the amount of scene's that are shown in ESB. So Im saying that the reason is that the ROTJ is not as noticed as the ESB version. Plus, I can imagine by comparison, there are alot more reference pics of the ESB then the ROTJ. This concludes my conjecture.

-tubachris-live to play another day.....

i'm here to tell you that its quit possible the ROTJ helmet paint job is harder than the ESB version, yes i'm not crazy, it is imo harder becuase there is soo many little scratches, pits, marks, dings and weathering, and most importantly no cumlative lists for paints and techniques

nice helmet to.

I'm getting all my ROTJ gear together, waiting on my armor and bucket from BM. I'll be joining the ROTJ ranks soon.

...Got mine through today...

TK7602, Thank you for a great bucket... as modelled by my 2 (of 3) daughters..

ROTJBucket1.gif

ROTJBucket2.gif

...when the rest of my kit comes together I hope so do it justice, but what a great start...

Personally I prefer the weathering on the ESB. I think the ROTJ just ends up looking like splotches of silver paint instead of pieces chipped away.

Great to see Brian's awesome bucket finding a good home! :)

Personally I do all OT. Non specail edition ::cough cough bob is a girl cough cough::

I just like to think of the ROTJ look as more bright with the pack and the guantlets. Yet it represents the way I remember it growing up.

MediaGuyPJ said:
Personally I do all OT. Non specail edition ::cough cough bob is a girl cough cough::

hahahahaha!!!!

yeah... so, content to make this post not totally crap...

my only rotj complaint is sort of on the same track as bob's "Blobs of paint" comment.

from a distance, the rotj helmet doesn't photograph well. the larger patches of damage on the esb one make it show up in pics from a bit away much better.

close up, i think it looks overdone, and the more subtle rotj damage looks nicer.

so i guess maybe the rotj is my hero helmet and the esb is my stunt helmet

ok, i'm done baiting the esb fans now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

webchief said:
Great to see Brian's awesome bucket finding a good home! :)

Oh yes, the girls were over it like a rash. Had to let the eldest one try it on (for peace and sanity)... Now its tucked far away from them...:)

Thanks again Brian...:cheers

Caomhanach said:
Oh yes, the girls were over it like a rash. Had to let the eldest one try it on (for peace and sanity)... Now its tucked far away from them...:)

Thanks again Brian...:cheers

i'm glad you like it. treat my baby well!!! ;)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back