what all do i need?

lightbender

Jr Hunter
so im makeing my first fett and i know about the major stuff armor, guantlets, helmet, jumpsuit, jetpack, and cape. but what are the small parts i see in the forums? like the bolts on the sholders? are there any small parts i should be aware of? i havent got real far on my suit its a back curner side project right now. heres where i am i will add pics later. i have cut and formed all upper body armor except back its not formed. i have sewn my neck seal, and ordered my jumpsuit. i have bought my girthbelt but not died it. i am halfway through my custom ee-3. i have made my rotj cape but am not sure how to best attach it. have bought all the material for the pouches and vest but havent sewn them. also woundering what are the differences between the rotj and esb? i know its a lot of questions but everyone here seems to know alot!

Wow no easy way to start here so I'll answer the few I know. Main differences between ESB and ROTJ are
the colour scheme, for the most part the costume is very similar. Exceptions being the cape, the fact that Rotj has spats on the ankles rather than the ESB ties and I believe the guantlets are just slightly different. After that it's mainly colour differences. As for the cape I believe the main way is to put a grommet in the corner of the cape and then it gets attached with the shoulder bolts. The shoulder bolts can be easily duplicated with keyboard keys for bolt toppers. The rifle is different for both versions so if you're doing Jedi make sure you do the jedi version of the rifle. Basically you're going to be stuck scouring the forums and hunting up the info you need, or sticking to one specific question at a time may help as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

Just read, read, read. It's all about research. Even if someone made the effort to list everything for you, you would still have to research the painting, weathering, attaching, of all of the parts.

I tackled bits at a time, like helmet, armor and gauntlets. Then the jetpack. That way, I had some of the big items out of the way.

I found it handy to make a checklist of parts, and as they became available, I would buy them. It helps you budget your money as well. You can see what you've spent, and what you'll need to spend. Some things you can make yourself to save a buck here and there.

I'm down to needing only a few things at this point. It also gives you a chance to work on pieces while you're waiting to save money for something else, or waiting for someone to do a run of an item.

Take your time, take notes. I have files on my Mac for Boba Helmet, Boba Armor, etc. with reference pics. It really helps when it comes to painting.

Research is key. I'm far from the expert some of the other members are, but I've learned a ton since January.

Respect everyones opinion, the answers they give, and any criticisms they make. Let's say you post a progress picture. If someone says that it looks incorrect, they're not doing it to be mean, they are doing it so that you wind up with a better product. In 9 months here, I don't think I've seen outright rudeness from anyone, some good natured busting of chops on occasion, but you'll get a straight answer.

Good luck, take your time, and you won't be overwhelmed.

thanks so much guys. i have been reading on here for about 2 months and i have learned alot. im make as much as i can myself. but i know that some things are beyond me. thanks for the info as well! i know about the color but i was unaware about the spats. i saw the shoulder bolts and actually thought that it looked like a computer key but i didnt know if something special was under it. if anyone else has little tidbits it would be great. and thanks again for the feedeback!

ok so heres another. i know about the chicago bolts for the visor but what kinds of bolts are people useing under the comp keys on the shoulder?

Mine are in the basement and I forget exactly what they look like, but they're aluminum.

I think that they might be threaded so that you can put a bolt ( a really short one so that you don't dig into yourself ) into the bottom, then it goes through your shoulder and back armor, then put the nut on. It keeps your armor together that way. Do it whatever way seems safe, comfortable, and logical. The rule is: there are no rules.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back