Hello from Texas! ^_^

Megumi

New Hunter
Hello everyone!

My name is Megumi. I'm not originally from Texas, I'm down here for some family. I stumbled upon this site while I was looking for female mandalorian armor. I've had no luck making my own, so I decided that I was going to buy a set.

I'm looking for armor for myself because I'm hoping for a Star Wars wedding. I don't know if my boyfriend will want that, since he wants us to have a traditional Scottish wedding. I'm starting to warm him up to the idea that all the groomsmen can be Stormtroopers, and the bridesmaids twi'lek love slaves. ^_^ Just kidding about the twi'leks, not about the Stormtroopers. Maybe handmaidens, or echani.

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, but I fell in love with all things Mando when I stumbled upon the Karen Traviss books. Now, I just can't get enough. Hence the wedding.

I'm thinking that maybe our vows can be the Mandalorian ones. ^_^

So far, I love the site.

-Megumi

Thanks. Reading some more into "making your own armor", I found some interesting milk jug and trash can projects. I think before I decide to buy everything, I'll try again and make my own. ^_^

If you succeed with female armor, please let us know how it went. I'd really like to take notes =)

And, luuuuucky. My boyfriend won't even entertain the thought of a SW wedding.

Yup yup. Texas Mandos taking over, it seems. Welcome to the board. You might also check out Mandalorian Mercs. Lots of good info over there too, and just like here, there's always someone willing to offer advice.

http://mercs.firespray.net

Just outta curiosity, what part of Texas? I'd love to help out, if I can. I'm starting my Mando next month (probably), so any info I can lend, let me know.

I'm in the Houston Area. I'm on the outskirts. I rarely go into Houston, though. Big crowds of tall people scare me. I'm quite short, and I would hate to be trampled...

*gasp* I'm from Houston! Also on the outskirts, sort of. South East side, close to NASA. I don't go into Houston if I don't have to either. Technically my Zip Code's in Houston, but I'm just pretending.

That's so exciting. I'm not the lonely Mando any more. Heh.

Well. On the wedding...

It quickly devolved when we found out what his family wanted... From "Sure, and I can be the jedi, and my dad (preacher) can be Darth Vader!" to "We can have a cello and some violins play 'Across the Stars' when we kiss, but ONLY if they play Journey, too." -_-

Makes me just a little sad...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back