Mystery Helmet (ESB or ROTJ)

moztech

New Hunter
Hi, please help a newbie. I have a “Mystery” Helmet in the post and would like to know if it is closer to the ESB or ROTJ helmet. I thought that while I wait for the helmet I could get started with another part of the costume. Just wondering if I should go for ESB or ROTJ.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
well, some might disagree but I and alot of others are convinced they are identical and that any differences in the model of the helmet are there due to handling and assembling.

most of the credit for that kind of finds have to go to Tylerdurden and Brak's Buddy I believe. (this picture is also from one of them...I think... god I have gathered alot of ref and I got no clue as to where it all came from anymore).

sameonesmw6.jpg

If its the Sarge "Mystery" helmet you speak of, it works for either. I would say the one difference that is glaring to me as far as shape of helmets with the ESB vs the ROTJ is the ROTJ dosnt have the wavy brow to my understanding. The Mystery helmet dosnt have this either. But there are numorus differences between the mystery helmet you speak of and the details on either helmet. One being the lower angle on the bottom right of the left ear and the detail on the right ear between the ear cap and the lower earcap.

Thanks guys, I think maybe the best idea would for me to start with a ROTJ costume, this at least gives me a option on how to paint the helmet either the ROTJ for ROTJ or the ESB for ROTJ Special Edition.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back