Best reaction costume?

Dengarwannabe

New Hunter
Hello everyone,

While not a total costuming newbie I'm new to the armor and Vader's associates. I met a GREAT Boba in Hawaii a few years ago and got me interested in doing a bounty hunter costume. Anyway while researching my Dengar (currently in progress) I've become even more smitten with Boba and I figure I may one day make a Fett. With that in mind which Fett to do? I realize there are numerous versions but are there versions that receive better reactions than others? I especially like the Holiday Special color scheme but of those who have trooped that, how does it go over? I'd hate to invest the time and $$$ only to have a costume that 99% of the people at an event think you painted wrong.

Thoughts?

For me, it would depend on the what you want and where are you going to wear it? At some place DragonCon, anything you wear most people will get it. If you go trooping with the general people, they may not have a clue.

Back in 2004 all the kids knew who Jango was and loved him. Now, they know of him by name because of the Clone Wars and have no clue who he looks like. Some of the adults have an idea but, they know Boba and may not know Jango.

My suggestion, make what you want. Makes sense?

I wouldn't expect the "common" Star Wars fan to know who Dengar is, or really even Boba Fett. Now Darth Vader is another story. But if you feel your costume is good then screw what others think. Always nice to have something new come to the table.

I agree and you both have reinforced what I already thought. I did an Adorian Starfleet officer at a con years ago and it went over like gangbusters, we shot out for a quick bite in costume and I had to explain I wasn't a 6' 2'' smurf. LOL Additionally years ago I was in a Christmas parade with a klingon group. One of our newer members had a costume based on a very obsecure costume with no headpiece and I watched him shrink in on himself when no one knew who or what he was. While I'm not worried about shrinking in on myself I do want to know what I'm gettingmyself into. You know Sleepalot you may have a good point about Dengar being obsecure, I never thought about it since I've known about the guy for 32 yrs. LOL

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back