Illuminated Mannie Stand (Pic Heavy)

TheDentedOne

Active Hunter
Well I grabbed this idea from DAZ. For anyone who has not seen his on his website it is awesome. Mine is not as proffessional but I think turned out pretty good none the less.

This one will go under my Boba and as soon as I get my armor changed on it I will post a few pics of it on the stand....so hurry up Alex (just kidding :p)

Each side is 18" long. It is fitted with yellow plexiglass from estreetplastics.com and seven 13" florecent lights. I went with the colored plexiglass because it is very well seen even when the lights are not on.

Since this one was not a disaster I will soon build two more stands one with BLUE Plexiglass for my Jango and one with RED plexiglass for my EPIII Vader.

Some pics from start to finish.

DSC02189.gif

Cutting the holes out

DSC02190.gif

Holes cut out

DSC02191.gif

DSC02192.gif

Primed and painted

DSC02195.gif

Plexiglass put in (this is with no lights)

DSC02201.gif

Lights put in

DSC02200.gif

Finished and illuminated

DSC02198.gif

DSC02199.gif

Medium-density fibreboard. Its like the same stuff that is used for inexpensive desks and shelves.

I passed on fibreboard when I was at Lowes because I didnt know if it could handle the weight of my manniquin. I dont remember exactly what type it is. It was something like $35.00 for a 4' X 8' sheet. Ill let ya know when I buy the next sheet for the other two stands.

Man.....First the Spartain helmet, then the MC helmet gets posted....Now this!!! When do I get a break on things that I so want? :lol: It looks awsome! :cheers

That's a great looking stand. Nice going :)
And by the looks of it, it is MDF. I've used enough in my time, and I hope you used a mask when sanding and cutting out the details cos that stuff will give you cancer quicker than 2 packs a day :(

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back