My Boba is finallyfinally here, well nearly

Gra30

Hunter
Hi everyone,

Although I have been on this forum a while, this is my first post with pics.
I have been collecting the parts for a few years and finally got to start putting it together.
Sorry about the grainy pics but I had to use a timer, anyway the aim is to show the start and then it can be compared as I progress. The pics will be better as I won't have to take them myself :)

Its a bit of a picture of items as I have picked the best bits from the sets I have.

It is so true that it is better to buy the best you can afford, as funds got better I found myself getting better stuff, that said I still mixed a little. Although the helmet is the MR, I will be doing my own, the cast is ready and I will post.

The armour is a mix of metal, fibreglass and vac formed. I am using the metal for the groin and shoulders will be evetually, mainly for strength and the shape of the shoulder is better on the metal ones (not shown). b1.jpg

b2.jpg
I did not want too much weight on the body, I thought it may pull everything forward so even though I have metal armour I am using the fibreglass and plastic. It is only velcro'd at present and will be fitted better.

The suit was custom fitted for me.

I have the MR Blaster and a pretty rough backpack but I will see how it goes.

The gaunlets are vac and I have some really cool metal fittings coming. I have asked Rufkin and I am going to get some more gaunlets too for dislay.

The boots are from Ebay and are really good (can't see in pics)
Iw ill upgrade as I go along but I think I have enough to start off.

I am after some gloves and the braided belt if anyone can point me in the right direction, the post where they were for sale seem out of date.

Well sorry to go on.

The next lot will be better.

Kindest regards

Graham

Very nice...
I too took a while to get my suit, though i bought most of it within a year... I held off for ten, till all the fett stuff met my strict standards...lol:lol:

All that is holding me back is my vest:angry... I need to sew it along with the neck seal and cape.

once that is done, all i need to do is paint as well.

Good luck and i hope to see more pics.(y)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back