My first scratchbuilt bucket(WIP)

Frerr Shj Edoc

New Hunter
well, here it is. i know its not perfect, but its coming along:p more pics coming soon. also any tips are very helpful, and needed. just got the mandibles/cheeks in, and currently bondo-ing. oh and trust me, it looks alooooot better scince i got the cheeks in.

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i need some starter tips on how to do that

lol, the first step is to gain alotttt of patience(something i dont normally have:lol:)
2nd thing-get supplies,WOF temps are what i used.
3rd thing-have fun with it,but still be serious
4th and last-be very careful while cutting the larger pieces. this'll really determin how it comes out.P.S.i started with the large inner "base" plate, and worked my way out. and bondo is your best friend:lol:

UPDATE:new pics:lol:! before sanding, and after(also a pic of my custom armor as of a week ago, its now in primer, and waiting to be painted)
hoping to get a helmet for the dome, or i might just use my last for sale sign(was hoping to start on boba armor with it:facepalm)
anyway, coments needed! please! even insults are good!:love:lol:

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
coments needed! please! even insults are good!
can i be the first to insult? lol no looks awesome keep up the good work... btw i had alot of trouble making the dome you may want to try the batter helmet method ... i know theres posts on it somewhere

Hey, here is a tip for next time. I HIGHLY recomend getting Fiberglass putty and applying it behind the cheeks. It reinforces it so you can work on them and you will keep the sharp edges.

Hi There !
Good Start ! I agree with your '4 steps for building a Boba bucket' (y)! And patience is really the key word...anyway it's cool to see how people manage to build their own helmet. If I have one tip to give you is to use pages 5,6,11 and 12 of the W.O.F, print them to cut 2 solid bases, one for bottom of the helmet and one for the dome. They will really help in the building process by keeping the bucket its final shape. Glue them and remove them once finished. Maybe you can also glue a piece of cardboard between the two mandibles.
There is still a long way to go but isn't it fun to do ;)?
I used the W.O.F templates too and now my helmet is 100% complete, It took me a lot of work and patience but it's worth it in the end.
Keep up the good work (y)!!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back