General So now the Son becomes the Father... Jango WIP

IrishFett

Active Hunter
Hey everyone! Good to see some familiar names still around here and there are PLENTY of new names which I am looking forward to meeting. I use to be an active member here back in the day (since 2008) when I was building and researching a ROTJ Boba Fett costume. Well mission complete and got sucked into my garrison board which I have been the proud CO of for the past two years and other CS positions prior to that. So sadly haven't been as active on here lately. That being said, Its time I get back to working on a Fett but this time going after good ol' dad. ;) Plus never hurts to have another bounty hunter is the repertoire. Currently have an ROTJ Boba and Bossk.

So I've been looking around here trying to find some info and seems like a lot of the old info isn't here anymore? Idk feel like a newbie all over again. LMAO

Anywho here is where I am at now with the build:

I got this kit from a friend who passed away over a year ago and I am not about to let this costume and his love for Jango fade away. I decided to pick up the mantle or bucket rather. That being said we were similar height but he was a little heavier than me which baffles be about the girth belt but I'll come back to that. So with that what do you all think of the vest? Want to keep as much original as possible but know some things will have to be adjusted to get a spot on screen look.

th_DFE76386-9E7F-487D-B384-845C4A4827F1.gif

th_133A9E89-6321-4B12-8F5E-43240CF044AB.gif

And here is a close up of the jumpsuit and gloves, thinking its the right color but want all the critiques possible. This suit is about 4 years old if not 5 so know info has changed since then. LOL

th_E462C182-9094-4569-8740-192DF203968F.gif

th_0a730ffc-14fe-4386-b11b-020231d3eefa.gif

Back to the girth belt...he was a heavier guy as you can see by the vest, but why can I not fit the girth belt around me flush. It can fit, but there would be a gap between the ends that could be covered up by the leather slip. Is that how it is for all you Jangos as well?

Bucket is being painted but this Rustoleum Royal Blue is not wanting to play well but I am working on it bit by bit. Also preparing and sanding the JP. Saw a GREAT thread http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/question-jango-classic-jet-pack-colors-41490/#post535565 about Jango's clissic JP but sadly all those colors are not held in local stores anymore. :( Anyone have any color suggestions off hand? Right now I may have to wing it. I guess where I am caught up on the yellow on the JP. Is it a yellow like boba's shoulder bells a orange yellow? I think that it is but some of the art exhibits just look yellow.

Thanks for all the help and looking forward to the build :)

Ahhhhh, I searched everywhere for that rusto royale.....Finally found it on Amazon, and its the big industrial/professional variant can. Sprays like a dream. Literally just finished the second coat of that color on my lid, wondering if I should remove all making, then just remask prior to painting the ocean blue.....

The yellow is the same as the yellow shoulder bell for Boba, then the weathering to give it the real dirty look......

The jumpsuit looks more like new ESB blue. Should be more faded and have a little purple in it. Don't know what mine's gonna look like yet, it's due to arrive sometime next month. Welcome back to TDH.....

That's where I was wondering about the suit color. Some pics it looks blue but others there is a clear purple tint and the more I look at the more I am thinking the true color is the purple tint. Wonder if a quick purple dye dip would do the trick?

Hi,
I'm not fan of purples on Jango so as far as I can I keep blue. Mine new jumpsuit is similar in color, yours seems to be a little wornout but may be after putting on rest of gear it will look fine. So it is up to you.

Delta13 / BH13000;)

That might do it, but may need to remove some of the color from it first prior to ya adding more. If it's colorfast material neither of these will really work though. Around here they often refer to the color as blurple...
look through the gallery. It does have quite a purple tone to it.

I can't even begin to tell you who made the suit. I wish it had the little slits that I can strap the knee and shin armor through like the screen had.

I was pondering similar, but had decided I'd figure out a way to use straps under the suit with magnets, and then magnets on the back of the armor to keep it tight on my leg. I'll figure something out without relying on slits in the suit....

Snaps will do it, and that is what I was going to do on the remainder of my armor, but I was thinking about the shim armor in particular. Don't want it bouncing around on my leg cause its only attached to the FS.

That's a good point! the flight suit is rather loose there and it would look better with an elastic strap keeping it steady to your body.

snaps and fabric don't work well together with all the moving you'll be doing eventually the snaps will tear loose you should put the slits in use the elastic sew fuzzy Velcro to your suit hook to the armor pieces so they wont shift around I know from experience with snaps and fabric just my advice

Thanks! Snaps work good on chest armor but on a jumpsuit that does make perfect sense there ;)

- - - Updated - - -

So question is the vest too big on me? Or is that just how it is made to be baggy? I assumed it's form fitting but the jumpsuit fits well just this vest just feels large compared to my Boba vest. Figured he would have bought both to fit the same. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The vest should be snug, not overly tight, but not relaxed fit for sure. Otherwise the armor is going to sag. Is it a Velcro seam on the side?

I also like the blues flight suit. Have the postal blue by red cap modified on the neck and sleeves. As far as the paint I use duplicolor royal blue and krylon shortcuts ocean blue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back