"VACUFORM" NEED HELP

GSFRIDER

New Hunter
Well after sitting up for 24hours iv finally finished my Vacuform Table. Now the only problem im having is the Vacform doesn't seem too powerful on the sucking side , i dont know if thats whats its supposed to be like on a homemade table or if its supposed to be powerful , would appreciate it if anyone can shed some light on my situation

cheers Kal

Hello,

What are you using for the heater and vacuum?

A shop vac is never going to be particularly powerful. If you really want sharp details a tank/pump system is the way to go.

I've got a bit of info about my system here:
Vacuumtable - Workshop

Basically, I've got 2 10 gallon tanks and a Gast vacuum pump. The pump evacuates the tanks so when I open the valve you get a really strong pull really fast (it will collapse a spray paint can lid). The whole WHOOSH of vacuum takes about 1 second, so the seal has to be perfect on the first try or I'll lose the vacuum before I get anywhere.

Cheers for the reply STG using oven and a cyclone house vac (quite strong suction) iv just pulled a piece of fett armour off a mold and wasnt too impressed i mean it looks good but there was no major vacuum effect i ended up pushing most of it down *dont think i baked plastic long enough though bud will try again tomorrow as its 2 am now lol and i only stopped with the jigsaw half hour ago lol* will try and post a pick tomorow (be advised lots of tape round edges of box run outta wood fill lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back