Which is the best way to attach a T-Visor?

JangoUri

Active Hunter
Hello guys!

Which one is the best way to attach a T-Visor to a helmet?

I guess glue is not a good option. I´ve seen many people using a kinda of gum for atach it.
What kind of material is that? Where can i get it?

Really thanks!

JB Kwik in the automotive section at the hardware store. It's a two part epoxy, almost like putty. There is a diagram of the visor floating around here somewhere.

TF

team_fett said:
JB Kwik in the automotive section at the hardware store. It's a two part epoxy, almost like putty. There is a diagram of the visor floating around here somewhere.

TF

i've had bad luck with jb kwik... it's so brittle, the slightest impact causes it to come apart. i did some parts of my gauntlet with it, and the came right off the first time i whacked my arm into something :-/

for my visor, i used black silicone adhesive/sealer from an automotive store. i think it's meant to seal up windshield leaks.

it holds well, but has some flex to it so it won't pop out easily.

I used Plastic Weld Epoxy. It is made to adhere to the type of material the buckets are made out of. Easy to use and apply, dries perm. hard in 15 minutes, and is super durable. I used the inside 'tacking' method that is explained on tk409.com. You only need to put a few dabs placed in strategic locations.

I used hot glue to set it first, then reinforced it with GOOP, then put industrial velcro loop around the edges to cover the glue.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back