Shuk'om's concept request thread

Shuk Om

Jr Hunter
So...since I've been making Mando's and refining bucket designs for the last few days, I figured I'd offer my skills (such as they are) up to whomever needs them. Gimme a style (Neo-Crusader, Classic, Custom, Whatever), your color scheme, and any specific design features you want.

I'll warn you in advance, all my "art" is done in MS Paint, so don't expect miracles. Also, I do this while at work (since my home PC is a laptop with a touch pad), so I may get behind on requests, depending on how busy I am.

Be patient and I'll get to you as quick as I can.

Now for the fun part...

The following buckets are my base helmets that I work from. Pick which style you want, and I'll go from there as best I can.

Helmet 1 is a Neo-Crusader style mask. Details and color can be added however you want.

Helmet 2 is a more traditional style Mando helmet. Details and color can be added however you want.

Helmet 3 is a copy of helmet 2, with the visor and T-Frame integrated into one solid piece of tinted plastic. This way I can overlay patterns and designs onto it, creating shapes and faces.

Helmet 4 was based on helmet 3.

Attachments

• Blanks.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 323
Last edited by a moderator:
woah completely missed this... you could do one for me :D anything pretty much, just want an idea for a second bucket.

Red, Black, and Tan-green for colours

Okay, Ad'ika. I did one bucket in each style. Do you have any ideas for your "faceplate"? On the far right bucket, the T-Visor and the frame around it are one piece of plastic. You could overlay a piece of plastic over the mouth/nose section with some sort of design. Any ideas? Specific shapes or themes you like? Which parts of the bucket do you want each color? Dome, T-frame, Visor, Cheekbones, and Cheeks?

Attachments

• Ad'ika's concepts.bmp
    996.9 KB · Views: 303
So, I took a look at your concept sketches of your other buy'ce over on Kal'ika's thread, and I couldn't not take a stab at it. Hope I sorta did it justice, Ad'ika

Attachments

• Ad'ika's Bird.bmp
    378.4 KB · Views: 302
Snazzy. I'll have it up tonight. Sorry about the wait. I was in Dallas for the holliday, and didn't get back until 0400 Saturday morning, then had to be up and across town to help set up my best friend's wedding. Plus, last night was my two year anniversary, so right after the wedding I took my girl out to dinner. Busy busy busy.

Here ya go, Jango. Couple of different color combos for your consideration. Lemme know which one you like and I'll toss up a solo pic with whatever details you want me to throw on there.

Attachments

• Jango's concepts.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 284
hey shuk if u're bored and need something to do... let's see what u can come up with for mine and Fi's buy'ces. U can see both of our helmets in the composite I did for Lev'ika to use, it's in his art thread. Basically mine's a modified boba/jango in OD green w/ dark grey cheekbones (the upper part of the faceplates below the visor trim. Black jaing eyes and blue details, vents in the lower faceplates and the adonian style lense. I also wear a grey macrobinoc w/ blue lense instead of a RF. Fi's is a blue buy'ce w/ black and white jaing eyes and black and white stripes over the top, (keep the jaing eyes but feel free to try out different details for hers). She has a standard buy'ce and lens w/ a standard RF.

Okay. Here's what I've come up with. I'm at work, and it won't let me open the link to your pics over in Lev'ika's thread, so I just went from scratch. I plan on revising in the morning when I get home...

I started with blank bases for both helmets, and played around with colors until I found something I liked. For yours, I hit a decent (I think) OD green, and made the standard blue color a little darker. I took that same blue, lightened it some, and applied it to Fi's helmet. Had some random thought about the two of you having the same color, just different shades...

For hers, I tried to make the Jaing eyes a little more feminine. The first one has some slanted kill stripes, drawing attention to the eyes. The second one has some longer kill stripes that fade back over the dome, and end over the eyes in an "Arched eyebrow" kinda curve.

I had a thought, and applied it to the pic. Made your Jaing eyes more masculine, if a little anime-ish. If you changed the lens in your macrobinocular to green, and stuck some LED's in there, along with your Jaing eyes, then you could theoretically wire it so that when your macrobinocular came down, it's lens, and the LED's in the Jaing eyes could both light up. *shrugs* It was an interesting idea that I couldn't help looking at. I'm gonna try another idea here in a minute...

Attachments

• Fi and Kal'ika Concepts.bmp
    2.2 MB · Views: 289
Here ya go, Vode. My most basic template. I usually start with the body beneath this armor, and design the specific armor I want on top of it, but here's a basic set of armor for your editing/painting pleasure.

Attachments

• Mandobase.bmp
    431.3 KB · Views: 276
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back