Warning!! Galaxy Creations

redkraytdragon

Active Hunter
Long story short, I did a trade with this guy at a local con back in Jan. (Galaxy Creations out of TX) and he sent me a piece of garbage for a casting in return. Looking back, I think he might also be a recaster.
For those of you with Facebook, here is the link to the whole story (cause I'm too lazy to post this all over again). Buyer beware!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...comment&notif_id=1472687942561899&ref=m_notif

Please lmk if there are any issues with the link. I think I have it working properly now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the warning Will! I guess you can just never tell with some folks. Sorry you got burned here, you sure don't deserve that kind of treatment, and your gaunts are super high quality and far above the quality of that spartan mask. Maybe (just maybe, benefit of the doubt) some of the poor quality look to the mask is deliberate, to more accurately depict the ancient casting used by the Greeks, but that can't explain all of it. I look forward to seeing it after you work your magic on it.

You are too kind my man. I have been trying to step up my game over the years.
Anyway, I just don't want to see anyone else get burned by this guy. I think his main target customer base is casual con goers, but regardless, no one should be subject to such horrible quality products. Am I livid? Absolutely. I think anyone on here with our expected level of standards would be. I wasn't expecting a perfect cast, but come on.....geez
It's more about a betrayal of trust and someone not giving a cr@p about standards. Someone who's in it for the money only and doesn't care about destroying the reputation of prop makers and cosplay in general. THAT'S what this is about as well. And getting screwed over, of course.
I hope this helps anyone considering getting any of this guy's stuff.
Stay aware everyone!

Finally got a response back from this guy:

"Well, ... I believe you asked me for a raw cast? And I said ok? Only because I knew that you are a prop maker and you have the skills to clean it up, I've had this same mold for damn near 6 years, I know it needs to be cleaned and remolded. I'm sorry if I mislead you when you saw the one I was selling and wanted to make a trade for the gauntlet pieces that I (don't have the complete set of) but I didn't criticize or complain about,instead I just made work? I m not one to talk **** on others and do not like bullies! I've always considered myself a nice guy! It's interesting that you waited almost a year to tell me this? I'm pretty sure that I will run into you again at Albuquerque or Sancta Fe Con, I will not look your way unless you apologize or have something nice to say? Good luck man"

And here's my response:
"Let's get something straight first. I am not talking **** about you, I am stating facts...there is a big difference.
I did ask for a raw cast because I wanted to do it myself from the beginning. I wasn't expecting a horrible casting like the one I got from you.
So, by your reasoning just because I'm a prop maker that means it's ok for you to send me a really bad casting?? I don't even know what to say to that! Do you know that every single one of my prop maker friends that I have sent pics to of your helmet have all said that it is the worst helmet casting they have ever seen? They're all in agreement with me, so what does that tell you? By the way, I didn't know this but you were already banned from the Mandalorian Mercs boards. Now I know why. And guess what, I have posted my experience with you there and over on TDH. Also, quick question- where did you get the rights to sell your commando helmet? Because I happen to know the owner of that mold and I'm pretty sure he didn't give you the rights to sell that helmet.
I traded you for the clamshells of the gauntlets. My COMPLETE set of gauntlets (meaning the greeblies) cost extra. That would've been another $100-$150 for the greeblies. I ONLY traded to you what the value of those gauntlets were, which was $140.
You ARE a nice guy John, and I like you. But you did me dirty on that deal and what you are doing is wrong.
I waited until now to write you about this because I wasn't sure how I wanted to handle this. I am also very busy and have not had a chance to start working on your helmet until recently.
Also, still waiting for your answer. Did you sculpt this Spartan helmet or not?? What is the lineage of it and do you have the rights to produce this helmet? Did you recast this helmet or not??"

Also, just added this to my message to him:

"Also, one more thing. You stated "Only because I knew that you are a prop maker and you have the skills to clean it up".
By your logic, all prop makers should send each other only cr@ppy castings all the time because they have the abilities to clean them up and save the best castings for customers who have no abilities or experience in working with castings. Nice."

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back