Vendors, advice please

Hello, I recently finished a Han in Carbonite build (pics in that forum), and some of the guys pointed out the side panels were upside down, I didn't catch it til they mentioned it. After looking further, the vendor made them incorrectly. My build wasn't cheap, I paid $350 for the side panels alone.

I reached out to this person and explained what was wrong, sent them reference pics (including screen shots of their own website that had correct ones). They replied immediately, stating that they didn't see any issues with them- "they're supposed to be like tha, t. I asked how I/ we can remedy this, and they stopped responding.

As a vendor that makes and sells props, how should I approach this? How would you respond?

I'm leaving the vendor out for now till I get your feedback. I'm not looking to put them on blast, but as a paying customer, I didn't get what I paid for and they know it.

agree with F4R, thats a pretty big mistake and one easily found through google images. I'd keep on them about it too then blast if they refuse to fix it.

As I said in your HIC post, probably assembled wrong just before moulding and they never noticed and are just rolling with it rather than redoing the moulds.

It’s a pain they are not communicating with you about it, hopefully she owns up and tries to fix the issue. I have more respect for builders/sellers who go that extra step for customers, than those that try to hide and hope the issue goes away...

so the vendor replied, offered solutions for me to fix it myself, send mine back for replacement panels if I returned the ones I have. I opted to keep the ones I have, in return she refunded me a portion of what I paid. I'm happy with that so I'm keeping them, and if later on I get bored, I can fix them (which is probably what I'll do).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back