SLAVE I in SOLO Trailer???

Discussion in 'The Sarlacc Pit' started by Viper, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:34 AM.

1. Viper

Viper Member

Check it out folks...

Hoping and praying for even just a glimpse of Boba in the movie...

Tfett40 and JReevy like this.
  2. Artakha

Artakha (Formerly le1120)

Definitely more to it than some random asteroid...

3. TheZeroEffect

TheZeroEffect Member

Very blurry, but the wrong shape.
    I love how when I watched it there was a link with “slave one not in solo movie” I grabbed a screen shot from it with the guy’s comparison
    CFD5F61F-EC92-48D4-8504-1D0AE0865AF1.png

It’s an almost, but no banana (or Slave one in this case) moment.
    I did like the Mando ( mythosaur)coin seen in the gambling scene.

4. rnbuda

rnbuda Active Member

Jango's and Boba's were different models I believe so this could explain the difference.

5. Artakha

I believe that while the internals were mostly replaced in Boba's version, the exterior is almost entirely the same sans paint differences.

6. rnbuda

rnbuda Active Member

I guess there was no physical model from AOTC:

Unlike the models used for The Empire Strikes Back, most of the ship would be created digitally for Attack of the Clones. With the original model of the Slave I on display in the Smithsonian in Washington, the computer modelers from ILM relied on photographic reference. For the few reaction shots that we saw of Jango and Boba flying the ship, the crew again built an actual cockpit based on the concept art of Kurt Kaufman, but this time with more details than the original. The Kamino landing platform was built on stage for the fight scene, and the Slave I was later digitally added. It can be assumed that they used green boxes to create a ramp for Temuera Morrison to walk on when he boarded the ship after the fight scene. This set would also be used for the arrival of Obi-Wan, with a Jedi starfighter prop added to the background.

bcurtis and Artakha like this.
  7. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Community Staff

Boba blew that thing up.... nothing was "replaced" its en entirely different ship

8. Artakha

Are you referring to Aurra Sing's crash landing?

9. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Community Staff

Could have sworn Fett blew up the slave one but I guess he didn’t lol

Artakha likes this.
  10. Artakha

Probably happened in one of the EU comics, lol. You never know what crazy-awesome stuff happens in those...

11. ToEleven

ToEleven Member

I'm not gonna hold my breath, but this does look promising.