Silver #11 Question

Hey while on the topic of humbrols, and more importantly before i take this party further. Are there any other humbrol colors that are messed up? This concrete/sand layer in particular is giving me anxiety.

Testors Model master concrete is pretty accurate. Testors has been re-releasing popular paints from the floquil line. Don't have any experience with the humbrol line but when trying to find a good match for floquil concrete two years ago everyone pointed me towards the testors MM paint.

Sent from my iPhone

Testors Model master concrete is pretty accurate. Testors has been re-releasing popular paints from the floquil line. Don't have any experience with the humbrol line but when trying to find a good match for floquil concrete two years ago everyone pointed me towards the testors MM paint.

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, Its actually called concrete? or a different name/number

Here is a comparison of floquil concrete and model master concrete given to me by fett4real

6d2be5d3b9d47e6032bfbc072c334e0d.jpg

Testors is on the right floquil on the left

Sent from my iPhone

Is it ok to layer the krylon silver over the 147 enamel base? Or acrylics over enamels or vise versa? I am using humbrol enamels and am at the same stage as this.. Kinda starting to feel like I dont want to deal with all the thinners etc.. I get the feeling that after these base coats it gets a bit more fun but right now its been all stress so far :)

Regular Krylon sprays and Humbrol enamel are both oil-base paints, aka 'enamels', so they shouldn't have any bonding problems with one another. Just make sure the 147 is completely dry first, 48 hours preferred, as spray paints have some aggressive solvents in them can could damage the under-layer if it's not completely dried. If it starts wrinkling, then it wasn't dry enough. Can do a small section first to play it safe if you want.

If you do have to use an acrylic at any point though, as a general rule; enamels and acrylics can go over enamels, but enamels can rarely go over acrylics. Lacquer rarely goes over anything except itself.
PaintMatrix.png

(taken from http://www.naritafamily.com/howto/paint.htm)

Regular Krylon sprays and Humbrol enamel are both oil-base paints, aka 'enamels', so they shouldn't have any bonding problems with one another. Just make sure the 147 is completely dry first, 48 hours preferred, as spray paints have some aggressive solvents in them can could damage the under-layer if it's not completely dried. If it starts wrinkling, then it wasn't dry enough. Can do a small section first to play it safe if you want.

If you do have to use an acrylic at any point though, as a general rule; enamels and acrylics can go over enamels, but enamels can rarely go over acrylics. Lacquer rarely goes over anything except itself.
http://otakurevolution.com/storyimgs/gunpla/PaintMatrix.png
(taken from http://www.naritafamily.com/howto/paint.htm)

Wow that is must more detailed than I was expecting .. Thank you so much this will be super helpful.!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back