ShortFuse's first attempt

ShortFuse

Well-Known Hunter
Here is the result of my first cardboard scratch build. I know it's not screen accurate, but I am pretty happy with the result. I started on it around thanksgiving. I took my time with the construction, but feel I rushed the paint. I kinda got anxious to get it done. This one will probably end up going to my son. I enjoyed the experience of building my own, but next one I am going to get a helmet from animefan and take my time with the paint work. Any constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks to wizardofflight for the awesome templates and antman for the tutorial here on TDH, as well as the rest of TDH community for all the info and help while making this. Thanks.

image.jpeg

Hey that's not bad at all for a first attempt. Your kid will love it. The thing about paint, and DIY in general, is you can always go back and tweak, finesse and otherwise improve it over time.

Pretty good job for your first go round! I know I would have trouble making that much progress in the span of two months. I'm sure your son's gonna love it!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back