Servo to rangefinder stalk attachment methods

MrSWman

Hunter
So I'm finally doing upgrades to my kit and was wondering what everybody does to connect the servo to the rangefinder stalk? I've seen several pictures of different ways but which is the best?

My problem is I don't have an aluminum stalk so, how do you attach it to the servo? Thanks in advance to anyone who has had any experience with this. A picture is worth 1000 words!!

So I'm finally doing upgrades to my kit and was wondering what everybody does to connect the servo to the rangefinder stalk? I've seen several pictures of different ways but which is the best?

My problem is I don't have an aluminum stalk so, how do you attach it to the servo? Thanks in advance to anyone who has had any experience with this. A picture is worth 1000 words!!

I had some trouble with this starting out also, and I think I might do it differently now, but here's my story. I have an FP Premium lid by animefan, and the outer RF ear mounts via embedded Chicago screw, which passes through the RF arm and a hole in the center of the RF arm housing into the right side of the helmet. I don't have a shot of that side of the ear, but here is a shot of the pieces (RF ear in the upper right, RF arm housing in the center):

IMG_1194.jpg

This kit comes with a resin RF arm, which has a tube running through the length for strength and passing wires if desired. I was very hesitant to try to remove the Chicago screw from the RF ear, so I decided to keep that and use the wire slot in the RF arm housing (the curved cut out) to pass a lever through to the servo in the helmet. I mounted a screw into the RF arm at the correct distance and continued the wire slot from the RF arm housing through into the helmet. Here's shots of the modified RF arm and the helmet:

IMG_1195.jpgIMG_1112.jpg

The lever is just a screw fixed with inset nuts on the RF arm, and it attaches through the two cut outs to the servo paddle on the inside of the helmet. The paddle (which came with my servo) is in the "up" position in this shot, but here's the inside of the helmet where you can see the servo mounted:

IMG_1571.jpg

This arrangement works pretty well, but as I said to begin if I had to do this over again I'd probably lop off the Chicago screw with my cutoff wheel and mount the RF ear with magnets or something like that, so I could use that central hole to run a post out from the servo to the RF arm (which I think is the more popular method to do this).

Hope this helps!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back