Running hoses into sleeves

Discussion in 'Boba Fett Costume' started by 01Hawk, Feb 10, 2018.

1. 01Hawk

01Hawk Active Member

Looking at different ways people get them to stay in there. My Arkady suit has clips in them which work out well. I want to wear my MOW suit this week and will need to keep the hoses up in there. The obvious option would be to replicate what is in the Arkady suit but I always like to see what others are doing.

2. Froflo

Froflo Jr Member

On my mow suit i just drill a tiny hole in the top of the hose(probably dont even need to) and then use a heavy duty safety pin to hold it up under the sleeve

01Hawk likes this.
  3. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Community Staff

You don't have the cables running through your hoses to goto the jetpack?

01Hawk likes this.
  4. 01Hawk

01Hawk Active Member

Until I figure out which suit I am using full time I fake it. I have all the hoses running to the bottom of the pack but actually have them connected to the bottom of the harness frame.

I want to have them all run back eventually but for now it makes it easier getting dressed and puts less pressure on the gauntlet connections. I use ID badge retractors on the hose ends in the sleeves so allows for minimal pressure on the hoses.

I move around a lot and get into goofy stuff at cons so mobility and not breaking stuff is key lol

Froflo likes this.
  5. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Community Staff

LMAO I am aware of your hooning.... ;)

01Hawk likes this.
  6. 01Hawk

01Hawk Active Member

Anybody else before it just shove a tie wrap or safety pin in there? Need to wear this thing for like 11 hours on Saturday and maybe Friday before getting in my Porg

7. Jesuit24

Jesuit24 Jr Member

I saw a method on here a while ago that involved stitching a loop of thin elastic and cutting a gash in the host at a 45 degree handle. Works very well once secured, but can be a hassle trying to fish out the elusive elastic.

01Hawk likes this.
  8. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Member

I would suggest replicating what is in the Arkady suit. It works great. One slight alternative might be to sew just a loop of elastic under the sleeve. You can the run a small bolt through all of three hoses, with a nut securing them together and then running the center hose through the elastic loop. Hope that makes sense.

01Hawk likes this.
  9. HansVader

HansVader Jr Member

any pics of how the arkady suit was done? I would love to see. Min comes in soon.

10. 01Hawk

01Hawk Active Member

57DCC763-C912-4203-82E9-0B506CA6574B.jpeg

HansVader likes this.
  11. 01Hawk

01Hawk Active Member

I posted it above. I have a ID badge retractor thing on mine which eliminates any tension from the hose being connected Incase it gets caught on something or I am wildly flapping my arms

12. tterrell

tterrell Member

I use the ole trusty Velcro attachment method.

01Hawk likes this.
  13. tennantlim

tennantlim Member

I got a loop sewn into and under the short sleeve, attached a double sided carabinar and clip the hoses onto that.

20171214_190354.jpg

14. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Member

That’s a lot of hardware. Here’s my setup. Simple, yet works great.

62B04E30-C58D-47A4-BE74-729C44280C79.jpeg

01Hawk and tennantlim like this.
  15. HansVader

HansVader Jr Member

This is great! Saving this pic TY

tennantlim likes this.
  16. tennantlim

tennantlim Member

You're right. I need to simplify my set up.

17. HansVader

HansVader Jr Member

this one looks really simple and effective, wondering if having a little play like the other helps the hoses?

18. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Member

It might. I haven’t had any problems yet. There’s nothing wrong with tennantlim’s setup. The extra play probably puts less stress on the attachment points on the gauntlet. Just thought I would share.

HansVader likes this.
  19. HansVader

HansVader Jr Member

Great share TY! I have yet too set mine up this is great reference info.

20. Hames13

Hames13 Jr Member

23E85DB4-0836-4DFD-A38E-4D574E99B9C2.jpeg A bit of duct tape with a popper attached , and the other popper underneath the sleeve....;)

21. Zon

Zon Member

I just shove the hoses up the sleeve. I've never had them pop out although I don't troop that much and don't do too much craziness in costume.

22. CannonFodder347

CannonFodder347 Jr Member

Quick question... ESB Build in progress and all these months I have missed any reference to where and what kind of hose is used.. any help? Thanks