Recommendations on Air Brush and Compressor?

clmayfield

Active Hunter
I am used to rattle cans, but I think I am going to break down and do it right. Does anyone have any recommendations for air brush makes/models/diameters and compressors.

I am looking at the Aztek Mighty Mini kit as it is available at Home Depot and I can get it for cheap.

Thanks!

I have had a Paasche for years and it has worked well for a number of projects. The only criticism I have is with small paint jobs; the paint intake is from the bottom of the airbrush, and while that works well with larger paint amounts in the screw-top bottle, the open "thimble" for small amounts is awkward (sits right where your index finger wants to go) and spills easily. I recently had to replace the electric compressor which came with the airbrush (~15 years of service, but it has been performing poorly for some time) and got a Porter-Cable 3.5 gal. 135 PSI locally, and I have been very satisfied with that upgrade.

check Amazon for the Master Airbrush Brand Multi-purpose Professional airbrushing system..comes with 3 airbrushes 1 G22 Gravity feed, siphon feed and E91 Siphon as well. this kit also includes the airbrush Compressor, 6' Hose and a dual airbrush holder with a 1 yr warrantee it also has a how to guide to airbrushing in case you are new to the craft.... this is the legit description nearly word for word but i have this on my wish list for amazon and its a great addition

- - - Updated - - -

check Amazon for the Master Airbrush Brand Multi-purpose Professional airbrushing system..comes with 3 airbrushes 1 G22 Gravity feed, siphon feed and E91 Siphon as well. this kit also includes the airbrush Compressor, 6' Hose and a dual airbrush holder with a 1 yr warranty it also has a how to guide to airbrushing in case you are new to the craft.... this is the legit description nearly word for word but i have this on my wish list for amazon and its a great addition the price is $89.96 with free shipping

Thanks! I already have a Porter-Cable 3.5 gallon, 135 PDI compressor. I figured that was too much pressure for the regulator on the air brushes to handle, but I guess not. I guess I only need the airbrushes then. I will look into it. Thanks!

Definitely do not skimp on your airbrush. It's okay to get a cheaper compressor, but I'd never get something cheapo that could comprise my paint jobs. My first and only airbrush has been an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. You don't NEED to get something fancy or pricey but I would avoid the cheap stuff. Badger or paasche are great as well. I prefer double action to single action, gravity fed.

Definitely do not skimp on your airbrush. It's okay to get a cheaper compressor, but I'd never get something cheapo that could comprise my paint jobs. My first and only airbrush has been an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. You don't NEED to get something fancy or pricey but I would avoid the cheap stuff. Badger or paasche are great as well. I prefer double action to single action, gravity fed.

I agree with Raizo about not skimping on the airbrush, but I have not been happier with mine since I upgraded the compressor. That model (and most afaik) allows variable output pressure -- I run mine about 35-40 PSI and it's a dream compared to the tankless version that came with the airbrush.

I just checked... I have a Porter Cable 6 gal, 150 psi compressor, but it is adjustable down to 3 psi, so achieving the appropriate outlet pressure shouldn't be a problem. Now I just have to worry about a good brush. Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back