Rebels Jetpack Build

Discussion in 'Clone Wars & Rebels Costumes' started by shenphong, Sep 20, 2017.

1. shenphong

shenphong Member

Finally thought I'd get working on my jetpack, going, so far so good and rocket currently being printed. Someone just pointed out that its remarkably similar to the commander cody jetpack so looks like a "conversion kit" will be happening in the future.

qbeTL1jh.jpg
    dtjVG3rh.jpg

2. shenphong

shenphong Member

and the rocket is in
    e0cYcIZh.jpg

3. shenphong

shenphong Member

4. eqdizzle

eqdizzle Jr Member

That's a very nice start. And yes, I thought Cody's pack was definitely the base for this pack.

shenphong likes this.
  5. shenphong

shenphong Member

Bit of an update on the pack, the final design is complete at this point. I will possibly make changes as I go on, one suggestion was thinning out the back mount (updated in the last photo) but I'm pretty happy with it overall at this point. I've even made a couple add on parts to convert to a more clone trooper jetpack look for those who've asked me to do a custom version.

Jetpack is easily assembled and pretty lightweight, used magnets to loosely mock up a mounting solution but still working on something a bit sturdier. The back mount is hollow so you can add magnets or straps or clips for however you want to mount it on your back.

kAMLhKSl.jpg
    mokukgpl.jpg
    syoy4lfl.jpg
    DDKmpfxl.jpg
    VhMlbazl.jpg
    lBrqw6Zl.jpg

Clone version addon:
    eGK92JVl.jpg
    keb435Sl.jpg
    KTHVoBml.jpg
    KIOeaGMl.jpg
    fHg5whll.jpg

Hope you all like it! This will make a nice addition to my wife's sabine build.

e3kehoe likes this.
  6. shenphong

shenphong Member

Just finished this imperial super commando mando jetpack. Weathered to go with weathered gear. This is the size L version. Yes I forgot to mask off the center...didn't realize that till after I painted it and the back mount could be smoothed out more but since its being attached to someones back and covered, I just left it as a quick job. This was a one day build from assembly, to sanding, priming and paint of the 3d printed jetpack kit. Last photos for reference.

D7Qiv1hl.jpg
    HETqeXXl.jpg
    41Vz14kl.jpg

Cruzer, hvacdon and ThatRndmBounty like this.
  7. PD14

PD14 Jr Member

This is Awesome. Usually, I don't like this type of jetpack, But what you did is amazing. Keep up the good work.

shenphong likes this.
  8. MandaloreBleah

MandaloreBleah New Member

Nice!! Would it be for salesa

9. hvacdon

hvacdon Member

Looking Super Nice !! You have a great looking pack you've designed there !!!