Pp2 Helmet vs ESB

What’re some of the main differences from the PP2 Fett to the ESB? Is the PP2 closer to the ROTJ than the ESB version? I’m contemplating whether the hasbro black series helmet can be modified to match the PP2? I really dig the flight suit and gauntlets on the PP2 and am considering this as a first build. Thoughts?

There’s literally two threads right now talking about mods to the hasbro BS helmet. Before just asking how to do something its customary to take at least a few minutes to search for said information yourself.

I might not have understood correctly, though I think his question was not on the actual modification process of the hasbro helmet, but towards understanding the differences between PP2 and ESB as well as working out if the Hasbro may be a good base for a PP2 build.

As far as that is concerned...
Ive always had the impression that the eye slit of the PP2 is wider then the ESB. Th Hasbro BSs slit being wider, too, would facilitate that. I dont know, however, if my observation is correct there or if it is just an impression.

Here is a comparasion:
Unbenannt.PNG

Upon closer inspection, however, I think the eye slit is too wide on the Hasbro.
Also the flare of the ears is too pronounced. After all... it is supposed to be an ESB

I am guessing, there are better, PP2-based helmets available in kit form for a PP2 build. That would probably be the cheaper and better way to go instead of modifiying a Hasbro. There is soooooooo much to alter with the BS helmet that its just not economically feasible.
You can see what I mean in the two threads, that Fett 4 Real mentioned. Just take a look.

Thanks for the replies thus far. Interesting! I see the width differences now on the visor and ears that you’re talking about. I figured it was a matter of paint differences but now it seems like the entire shape is different in a lot of ways. I’ll have to message ToEleven and see what he offers !

p.s. I’ve seen all those HS BS ESB —> ROTJ builds prior to posting. Maybe my question was not clear enough initially, but Ram hit it right on the head. Thank you Ram!

Thanks for the replies thus far. Interesting! I see the width differences now on the visor and ears that you’re talking about. I figured it was a matter of paint differences but now it seems like the entire shape is different in a lot of ways. I’ll have to message ToEleven and see what he offers !

p.s. I’ve seen all those HS BS ESB —> ROTJ builds prior to posting. Maybe my question was not clear enough initially, but Ram hit it right on the head. Thank you Ram!
Thanks! Here's Mr. ToEleven 's sales thread:

You can convert the BS helmet to a Pre-Pro #2 style helmet (the original helmets are pretty much the same), but you'll have to remove the ESB specific physical damage and add the PP2 ones.

You can convert the BS helmet to a Pre-Pro #2 style helmet (the original helmets are pretty much the same), but you'll have to remove the ESB specific physical damage and add the PP2 ones.

I agree it can be done, but trust me it’s not worth the effort. You will be much happier with a cast helmet. Like I said before, you would have to be insane to try to modify the Hasbro BS helmet.

BTW, here is my Hasbro BS mod thread. :lol:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back