Pics of budget costumes

Elusive

New Hunter
Boba Helmet 2.jpg
Hi guys. This site is awesome. In fact, it is amazing. However there are a lot of builds that I see where it is detailed to the exact specs of Boba Fett (and other) which I know what this site is for. How about the people like me who do not have the time, money and patience for a built that is 100% movie accurate, but pretty dang close? Close enough where the mere mortals can't tell if you are detailed or not? Will you please share here so we can see them?

I'll start. My first build on the helmet (more to follow). This would get a pass for the regular people, but probably get shredded here.

Not really sure why you think this would get shredded here?....members here are very helpful and supportive in this forum :)

I can almost guarantee you it won't get shredded, you did a great job with the bucket! For a scratch build it looks very nice! Really the only "shredding" done is for guys who ask for criticism to progress to 501st level, but we all love seeing WIPs and scratch builds! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Helmet looks good! One thing I tell people who come to shows with me is to never negatively judge someone's costume ( unless that person is mean or otherwise being obnoxious ). I admire the work that goes into the ultra accurate builds here as much as I admire the scratch built ones which may not be as accurate but reflect the time/effort and determination of someone who is happy with what they have/can afford.

I love seeing skratch builds! I have always loved Mandolorians but I have only ever made "soft" costumes that involve fabric and leather and because i am a poor college kid I cant afford to just buy chunk by chunk of a Mando costume. Id love to see where this goes and maybe find someway to build an affordable costume myself.

Sent from my SM-G900V

Looks good. I also don't think you'll get shredded here. It's all about what you're going for. It you're going for crazy accurate $8,000 501st Notorious-level Fett with found parts, then the feedback will reflect that. If you're making a "fairly darn accurate" scratch build, then that's cool too.
It's all about what you want to do.

Not really sure why you think this would get shredded here?....members here are very helpful and supportive in this forum :)

You are right. I didn't mean anything bad by it. I showed it to a local dude here and he tore me up about the whole "Your shade of green is off... your visor isn't durka durka durka... you range finder is missing this..." and he totally killed my good vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/jsmails-semi-accurate-rotj-boba-wip-53622/

Here's a link to my build. I haven't posted in it in an entire week, so it has sunk to page 3. It's amazing how quickly WIP's get sunk in this forum if you don't update every day.

I work on that think almost every day. It's been 3 full months and is turning into a job. Just painting armor this week, so I'll have more updates when that's done.
Awesome stuff. Love the other costumes too!

I made a pretty good illustration board costume for halloween and added to it in time for the Episode 7 premier, my local theater let me troop or whatever it's called for 4 days, it was fun.

This is the Halloween version; no damage or weathering, no boots or jetpack. Cost $250 or so and time.

IMG_20151031_181839.jpg

Added jetpack, lights, weathering and damage for Episode 7 premier, so add $75?

IMG_20151217_180750550.jpgIMG_20151219_143803015_HDR.jpgIMG_20151217_185550831.jpg

Since then I've been working on ammo belt, girth belt, boots... Add $200 more. So maybe $525 or so, not counting hours...

All pics and details over here:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/wip-esb-boba-fett-costume-build-detail-pics-53937/

Next after boots, I'm going to make new armor and gauntlets from some 3mm sintra I got. I want to be able to wear it in the rain without worry of my costume parts turning to mush.

when I am done.

What does this phrase even mean? :lol: Anyway thanks, it's been a ton of fun to make and wear. Eventually it's be as nice and expensive (or at least somewhat similar) as others here, but not any time soon. Hopefully you can make yours as nice as you can afford time and money wise. There's a lot of examples on here of people who dive in and start making stuff, and with time and effort, the results are amazing!

Found this very useful tutorial. I know to experienced builders this most likely looks like something a child could follow along and im honestly embaressed at how simple it is yet i was overwhelmed on where to start. But at least im starting! With this i can start making my armor for sub$100! So excited! https://youtu.be/tLtcPv3a3bw

Sent from my SM-G900V

I made mine about this time last year for a little under $200.

Not incredible by any means, but I'm happy how it turned out.

d5c14c5e3ca7f44b1aea0612a51cc430.jpg

79122b3a0ee0b5ae3ba11ac93743c7a0.jpg

a3736973b73594d2431c141328897caa.jpg

Such a fun build. Slowly turning it into a custom merc, I'll try Fett again when I actually have a money!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back