New Star Wars Blu-Ray Steelbook release

fettshabby67

New Hunter
Not long to go before the cool looking Star Wars steel book Blu-Ray are released and I am hoping beyond hope these have the original 1977_1983 non bugger'd up by Lucas versions, I have theses on DVD but it would be nice to have them on Blu.Ray.

Yeah, if they are the originals without a doubt I will be purchasing!

Every time someone posts in this thread, I'm hoping it's an update of what versions are available.

I am hoping for the same thing.

Damn, ya bastard!

I see the 9 disc Blu.ray box set is getting a re-release with new packaging, sadly the content will be the same as the old one. No news as yet regarding the steelbook versions.

Im probably in the minority saying i like MOST (NOT ALL..there was a few things i HATE for sure!) of the additional stuff in the SE editions..... but that said, i would REALLY love to have the original verisons on Blue-ray as i saw them in the theater as a kid. I keep hearing Disney will release them, but who know...fingers crossed!

I kinda like the Special Editions, as a seperate enterty to the origional films, it brought the trilogy to a new audience plus the films needed a proper restoration. The problem was Lucas got carried away with the CGI and screwed things up completely.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back