Need feedback on a certain helmet kit before I buy.

looks like Starfortress......just plug that into the search engine and I think you can easily make your decision.

These images are identical to that of star fortress, to add, look at the seller's other products. Same exact crap. Even moreso, read the reviews.

As for the helmet itself, star fortress back in the day was offering a Jango helmet, finished but it was clearly based off of a recast DP deluxe. This helmet is a barely modified boba style, you can see the drill-holes on the lower-range finder ear. Not to mention, the upper RF ear has a secondary slot for wires, which is really only found on boba replicas, not jango. I'd say that this is a newer recast helmet, but cannot say who's it may be...possibly and older fettpride, but only because I see that the sides have a slightly raised portion for the ears to sit on

Yes if you look at all of the other pics on the site there is no doubt. I gave my original answer in hope that you would read the horrific things about the product and the reason the man is in the Philippines making the stuff..........which is to avoid extradition to face his crimes.

But there is no doubt this is Starfortress products.

And since this was your first and second posts here on TDH; welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your time here and learn a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

and no the link is dead which makes me think you were actually here to troll and advertise for Starfortress.................just my two cents.

Looks to me like a bunch of recast parts. The rf topper from an old DP helmet, the upper rf inner piece from DP Deluxe, and the helmet itself has an eye squint that looks familiar. I would need additional pics to confirm. The T-visor looks to be the exact layout of the paper template I used to supply with my kits.

and no the link is dead which makes me think you were actually here to troll and advertise for Starfortress.................just my two cents.

If so it's a bad advertisement! Starfortress is still all over etsy peddling his junk! *sigh*

I'm sorry if I come off as ignorant I'm just looking for the best possible helmet kit, that is completely movie accurate. I'm trying to build my suit in parts to save money. I'm looking for something within the 200-250 price point, if it's possible to find something for less that is fine. I'm glad though I brought this issue before you guys before I bought it so I can save myself the heartache.

I'm sorry if I come off as ignorant I'm just looking for the best possible helmet kit, that is completely movie accurate. I'm trying to build my suit in parts to save money. I'm looking for something within the 200-250 price point, if it's possible to find something for less that is fine. I'm glad though I brought this issue before you guys before I bought it so I can save myself the heartache.

Well that is good to hear. BKBT makes a GREAT helmet. The two he has in the cargo hold would be far superior to the one you listed. The other helmets I would recommend would be Asok, Bobamaker, and Animefan. All would be within your price range and excellent helmets.

again, welcome to the forum...........please please please ask before buying. Also look the through the WIP threads in the Jango Fett forums and you can see alot about each build, and as always feel free to ask anything, there are plenty here who will help you in your Jango journey.

This is a website obviously dedicated to this type of information and sellers and the hobby/craft/fandom as a whole. If you are inclined/like-minded, then you came to the right place.

If the helmet from bigkidbiggertoys (BKBT) is still for sale, that is an outstanding piece of work. I have one of his kits, from the time cruzer started making them, and they are super nice,very easy to assemble, and far better quality than anything you may find on ebay. The helmet kits mentioned by Mullreal also are good, solid, quality kits that would be a great place to start a Jango costume.

Please don't take this as chastising! Welcome to TDH and hope your experience here is great! Tons of good people in these parts man!

And just a last bit of warning.....stay away from ebay for anything related to costume material for the Jango. Nothing there if you are looking for quality.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back