My Lifesize 1:1 Alec Guinness ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi

azheat01

Active Hunter
This is a lifesize figure project that I've been wanting to complete for a very long time. Been busy collecting pieces for my Gonk droid project and finishing my Death Star Hangar room, but I finally found some time to work on this. I haven't airbrushed much, bought one a few years ago when I started my Luke X-wing and haven't used it a ton, so I'm still getting use to it.

I bought a mannequin off eBay and removed the head. I went with a smaller mannequin that was about 5'10" to try and stay close to Alec's original height. Unfortunately he is a bit slim, but I'm going to bulk his sides up with some foam. Once he's dressed I don't think you'll notice. His head is also disproportionate compared to the rest of the body, but again I think that will be hidden once he's dressed.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Removed the eyes and started airbrushing the flesh tone.

attachment.jpg

I got most of the base coats on and did a little highlighting. I bought some fake eyes and installed those as well.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

I still have some detailing to finish up then I can mount this to the mannequin body.

I'm looking forward to adding this to my Death Star Hangar room!

Last edited by a moderator:
you have the craziest builds. love it and can't wait to see more!

Not much time to work on Ben this weekend, but I did manage to get his head mounted. After completing this my fears of his head being totally disproportionate have somewhat quelled. For some strange reason the picture does exaggerate it, but it looks much better and seems less noticeable in person. This was another rush job, I didn't spend a lot of time trying to smooth the patch work or blend the flesh tones because it's going to be completely covered under his clothes. I did cut the neckline a little low in the back, but again it won't be noticeable once he's dressed.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

I threw a blanket over his head just to see how it looked before moving forward with the robe.

attachment.jpg

As for his pose, not sure yet. I was thinking about one of these two, what do you guys think?

pose1.jpg

attachment.jpg

pose1.jpg

I'd go with the first pose so you don't obscure the face with the lightsaber.

Yeah, I think I'm going to shoot for the first pose.

Was finally able to get some clothes on him, just need to make a few adjustments. I also stopped by the local Tandy Leather store and picked up a belt and buckle blank.

attachment.jpg

He's coming along...........

I didn't like how the scratch built undershirt looked so I bought this turtleneck on eBay for $8.00, looks much better.

attachment.jpg

I was also able to modify both arms today. I didn't get the angles exactly how I wanted, but I still like how it turned out. I made a few adjustments to the robe and moved him upstairs.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

I used the lightsaber from my Luke X-wing pilot to test the fit and it worked great. I just need to make a few minor adjustments and I think he's good to go!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back