Master Replicas scaled ESB Fett paint job - what happened???

jhfagan

Active Hunter
Recently acquired a super low $ deal on eBay, a new scaled Boba Fett helmet from Master Replicas ( it was "new" as it was mint unopened still in the original shipping box! ) , and was a little intrigued by the noticeable color difference between it and the usual chosen color for Fett.
And I actually really like this different color!
But how would MR miss nailing the color, as their own Fett helmet was a much better color?
It took me a little while to realize what may have happened.
I remembered a phenomenon I learned about during my college years taking photography/fine arts, is when something is viewed from a greater distance, it gets lighter, and the color changes appropriately in what we loosely called "distance painting" when painting objects in the distance.
Correct term is "atmospheric perspective".
I am just that much more impressed with Master Replicas having obviously done this with the scaled down replica.
And, I'd love to see a full sized Fett in this color!
So, what color IS this? lol
The EFX Fett is almost dead on with Tamiya's Field Gray (TS-78). so starting with that, where is the MR color?
I created a "swatch" from each helmet's cheek by copying image in the picture where the paint was cleanest ( from the picture shown ) and you can really tell the difference there.
20200902_143308a.jpg

Well i don't know this color but here are the analyzes. Hope this helps. Sadly the color changed a bit idk its difficuilt to catch this specific green.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201204-003010_Color Grab.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-003010_Color Grab.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_20201204-004555_Color Grab.jpg
    Screenshot_20201204-004555_Color Grab.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Hey I have this Master Replicas Scaled Helmet. I love it but bought used and the ranger finder is broken off and missing. Does anybody know about where I can get replacement? Has anyone molded it and cast it?

Hey I have this Master Replicas Scaled Helmet. I love it but bought used and the ranger finder is broken off and missing. Does anybody know about where I can get replacement? Has anyone molded it and cast it?

You might be able to scale down a printable file.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back