Jango and Boba Fett not Mandalorian

Wasted Fett

Literally Asian
What do you mean, not mandalorians anymore? Did new info come out?

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past

Wookiepedia - (Jango) Fett wore a set of Mandalorian armor as a bounty hunter, though he was considered a pretender by the New Mandalorian government of Mandalore.

Creating Mandalore - Clone Wars Season 2 Featurette -

it is explained that they wanted to keep the the Fetts separate from the Mandalorians.

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely missed that.

Well, that is cool and disheartening at the same time. I like the idea of the Fett's being special, but I think not being Mandalorian takes away from their character

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past

Wookiepedia - (Jango) Fett wore a set of Mandalorian armor as a bounty hunter, though he was considered a pretender by the New Mandalorian government of Mandalore.

Creating Mandalore - Clone Wars Season 2 Featurette -

it is explained that they wanted to keep the the Fetts separate from the Mandalorians.

Which is countered by the EU books in which Boba Fett becomes the Mandalorian leader and trains Jaina Solo in the Mando arts so she can kill her brother Jacen Solo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is countered by the EU books in which Boba Fett becomes the Mandalorian leader and trains Jaina Solo in the Mando arts so she can kill her brother Jacen Solo.

but we all know whats up with the EU books. So, I'm pretty much giving you the Disney/Lucasfilm answer, which is the only thing canon now.

so he is just a Bounty Hunter using the best of what he can get, however, I did read Star Wars ''the bounty Hunter Code'' with a Lucas film copyright on it, and that went into huge detail about the Mandalorians including the Fetts,

so he is just a Bounty Hunter using the best of what he can get, however, I did read Star Wars ''the bounty Hunter Code'' with a Lucas film copyright on it, and that went into huge detail about the Mandalorians including the Fetts,

i got it for Xmas, havent read it yet....is that book still Canon?

Though the featurette says that "the movies never say that Jango is a Mandalorian". But they don't say that he isn't either....

The only time it's quoted that Jango is not a Mandalorian is in the Clone Wars series by a corrupt, lying, politician of the NEW Mandalore government.

I'm still not convinced Jango isn't a Mando. Therefore, Boba is a Mando too in my mind :)

If someone's got more info, feel free to correct me (I'll listen with only one ear, I still don't like the thought of them not being Mandos)

Theres nothing canon about the mandalorians during or past the clone wars that would make me "proud" to call Boba or Jango for that matter a Mandalorian...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back