Is purchasing a Boba Costume @ Star Wars Celebration Orlando possible???

CoachNIN

New Hunter
I'm new to the world of cosplay. I started dressing up as a lion for kid's charities (Run-Walk events, Hospitals etc), and now I'm hooked!!!! I want to bring my game up to a galaxy far-far-away.

The question is as follows, Im thinking of going to Orlando for the Star Wars Celebration event this April. My thought is that I might find someone at the event who would want to sell me a Boba or another SW villain. I know there are other ways of doing this, but honestly it is scary. I almost purchased a costume from a guy online, only to find out that he was scamming people out of their money. Has any of you been to a Star Wars Celebration event? If so, do you think I have a chance at purchasing a costume there? I know Anovos will be there, but they don't sell Boba and they could not even tell me what costumes they would have for sale, if any at all (other than trooper helmets etc).

Boba would be a dream come true but I would settle for other Star Wars universe villains. Any help would be appreciated

Respectfully,
Coach Nin

Welcome to TDH.
There will be vendors at Celebration, but I'm not sure what they'll have for sale.
Boba Fett is one of the most complex SW costumes out there and most members here who costume Fett take months or years to put their gear together.
Your best bet would be to do some browsing here on the site to find out what's available, and not rush into any big purchases. As a rule, I'd recommend
avoiding eBay for a "complete" costume. There might be some good items there sometimes, but most of it is either recast from members here, or lower quality.
Boba shouldn't be an "impluse buy." :) It's a detail-heavy costume and TDH is going to be your best research tool to put a great looking outfit together.

If you bring enough cash and Russian working girls, almost anything is possible.

Being Boba is a lifestyle not just a costume, most of the folks here have spent years, hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to be Boba. Full and partial kits come up in the cargo hold from time to time, but even a full kit will need to be adjusted to fit you. Spend some time here and see the build threads you will see the journey it takes.

to add to what superjedi and skyfire have said, the only full Boba Fett suit you MAY come across at Celebration will be the Rubies suit. Even though it is currently the only Boba Fett suit currently licensed, you should avoid that suit like the plague lol. It is expensive and of very low quality. Its a low-mid level halloween costume at best. Since you are here, id gather you want something better than a costume party suit. In order to do that, you have to stick to fan made items for the most part, and your already in the right place to do that. Like was siad, do your research here and i think you'll be set! Good luck and most of all, have fun!

Thanks to all of you for educating me. I have, for some reason, managed to become compulsive in my old age. Im retired so Im not very patient and wanna be Boba yesterday! I mean, what else is there to do right? LOL. No but really, I realize you all are correct. I will check the sales thread and educate myself better. Hey any of you going to Orlando this April. Or, does anyone know any group I can talk to once there?

Will you be attending SW Celebration Orlando? oh and what is your FB name? could not find you under Darth Voohee. Thanks and sorry for all the questions

I will be there, and as long as TDH has a table i will be there are some point during the weekend to help out!

Darth Voorhees would be the correct spelling :) But im under Lou Platania

And DV does a mighty fine job of painting and assembling them!
Either way, you have lots of high quality options available to You. Good luck and do lots of research!

I might have an ROTJ duplicate just painted by DVH and Fettfullofdollars. Soft parts from Carol and shoes from caboots - all your size. I'll get some images together.

Sent from my iPhone

I think if you wander up to one or 2 of the hundreds of Fetts there and offered them $7-8k I'm sure someone would bite. I would lol. Minus my towel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea if you offered me 7 to 8k I would consider it. I love trooping in my Fett though.

Sent via Holonet from Slave I

I am building my Fett from scratch, if you have the time to spare I recommend it as you also get the satisfaction of accomplishment when you finish a part. Like we all say read the forums as there is so many parts to a Fett costume you can get disillusioned if you not informed and there are so many variants of Fett from Pre-production, promotion to hero movie outfits. I don't have a lot of spare cash so I will be making most of my parts and only buying parts from TDH members that aren't produced anymore like the nemrod holster and the helmet (Animefan budget helmet and I love it)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back