I can finally hear in my bucket lol

GeekdadX7

Active Hunter
So on a whim, I bought an inexpensive “personal sound amplifier” off amazon. One of those units you see old people wearing in late night tv commercials, where they are Wearing a little unit the around the size of a zippo lighter around their neck, with an earpiece in, so they can hear ambient sounds better. I’m sick and tired of not being able to understand people further than 3ft away from me, with my helmet on.

this was pretty much the cheapest small profile one i found on amazon, with prime shipping. It was around $15-20 i think.

it measures:
1.5”x2.5”x1/2”
No thicker than my usb battery bank for my fans.
I havens been able to try it with a crowd yet, but I just put my helmet on, put the 1 earpiece in, and could definitely hear my daughter’s iphone, across the room, a LOT louder, and i have this on 1/10 loudness right now.
Has anyone gotten to try anything like these units in your buckets? Was wondering how it might have performed for you on a troop.

in this first pic, the microphone is tge tiny little hole in the bottom center. Figured I’d have it pointing down and out of my helmet.
C1EBE532-51FE-4AA5-AB03-FECA8E6A33ED.jpeg

10490056-1392-4A0A-8C8C-CB99D0905869.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back